NYC Mayor ’s Office of Policy & Planning
Job ID Number 21754
About the Office:
The Office of Policy and Planning was created by Mayor de Blasio in 2018. The Office will conduct research, drive and coordinate development of City policy across City agencies and offices, and lead efforts to develop long-term plans to address the challenges facing the City.
About the Role:
The Special Assistant in the Office of Policy & Planning will provide programmatic, administrative and research support to the Chief Policy Advisor and other senior members of the team.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordination and project tracking of ongoing team initiatives;
• Generating policy briefings and project-related documents including schedules, project work plans, meeting agendas, minutes and governance charts;
• Ensuring robust reporting, tracking, risk identification and management, and appropriate synthesis of issues for the Chief Policy Advisor and other key staff as required;
• Actively resolve roadblocks and challenges as appropriate and escalate issues as needed;
• Working closely with Deputy Mayor staff, city agencies and other City Hall staff to development policy, planning and research documents;
• Ensuring appropriate engagement with external contributors;
• Assisting with general administrative tasks, including scheduling, for the Chief Policy Advisor and other members of senior staff as required.
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university;
• A minimum of two (2) years of full-time relevant professional experience;
• An understanding of policy issues related to the City of New York and the provision of services across its five boroughs;
• Willingness to work on a team;
• Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to manage complex projects, sensitive information, analytical data and multifaceted relationships;
• Demonstrated experience in task and information management;
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills along with a strong work-ethic and the ability to work independent;
• Some administrative and scheduling experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRM/EventRegistration/RegForm.aspx?eventGuid=4645fdd8-310d-4db6-884b-e64d4d17fefd&jobid=21754&pos=Special%20Assistant
New York City residency is required within 90 days of appointment
The City of New York and the Office of the Mayor are equal opportunity employers
Minimum Education Required