Full Time Temporary
Details: salary up to specified amount
400 Andrews Street
*Temporary Position under a 2-year federal grant*
BASIC FUNCTION: This individual will serve as a liaison between small and mid-sized manufacturers in New York State, the New York Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NY MEP), and the Reducing EMbodied-Energy and Decreasing Emissions (REMADE) Institute (www.remadeinstitute.org). This individual will have technical expertise needed to understand the REMADE Institute’s subject area and to facilitation dissemination of new technologies into appropriate manufacturing or technology companies; as well as the business development and outreach skills needed to proactively raise awareness of the Institute’s work and capabilities among small and medium sized manufacturers. The REMADE Institute is part of the Manufacturing USA network, which brings together industry, academia and federal partners to increase U.S. manufacturing competitiveness by promoting a robust and sustainable manufacturing R&D infrastructure.
- Work with REMADE Institute to learn capabilities and available expertise.
- Research relevant technology needs/opportunities among New York small and mid-sized manufacturers.
- Assist manufacturers interested in technology field with acceleration and optimizing supply chains.
- Connect early stage companies with REMADE expertise.
- Manage projects to ensure small and medium sized companies are receiving assistance needed.
- Consult with REMADE leadership and governance bodies to inform technology roadmaps and project development process.
- Encourage the development of project teams to respond to Institute project calls.
- Coordinate efforts with REMADE’s industry outreach staff.
- Participate in working groups and on boards as required.
- Consult regularly with REMADE technical leadership staff responsible for business outreach.
- Travel across New York State to work with partners to further establish and strengthen the network.
- Travel out of state to other sites as required.
- Present at meetings (in/out of state) highlighting REMADE and NY MEP capabilities and work done under this grant.
- Report regularly to ESD and federal funder.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor in STEM related field
Relevant experience required: Experience with manufacturing, one or more of REMADE’s technology focus areas, and performing business development.
* Comprehensive benefits package
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity*
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line