Details: salary commencing at specified amount
[TEMPORARY POSITION under 3 year federal grant]
NYSTAR funds over 70 centers that support the New York State innovation ecosystem. This individual will coordinate efforts to accelerate emerging company growth. Companies will be invited to a central location to receive guidance/assistance to address challenges they face. This position will be responsible for handling functions/activities necessary to ensure the success of this program. This effort will be focused on potential manufacturing companies and technology that may support manufacturing.
- Manage daily operations of the Commercialization Center including budget, metrics and reporting.
- Provide weekly update to Department Head and prepare relevant reporting to Executive Chamber where necessary.
- Leverage partners to provide entrepreneurial training, workshops, and other effective entrepreneurial training programs.
- Determine any gaps in entrepreneurial assistance and develop a program to assist.
- Build a new or leverage an existing mentor network.
- Identify feeder networks (commercialization competitions, SBIR awardees, Hot Spots & Certified Incubators etc.) to identify and assist promising start-ups.
- Engage and develop long term working relationships with local, state, and federal resource partners.
- Work with partners to identify available discovers and assist with forming a team to create a company focused on commercialization.
- Develop and implement business and technical outreach and recruitment plans with an emphasis on supporting participating businesses and helping grow new pipelines of interest.
- Maximize program interest through collaboration with investor, entrepreneurship, real estate, site selection, media, technical, legal, and marketing communities.
- Work closely with NYSTAR team to coordinate efforts.
- Track all company engagement and assistance provided, documenting likely keys to success or causes of start-up failure.
- Participate in working groups and on boards as required.
- Ensure effective coordination and integration of activities between staff, Executive Chamber, agency specialists and other public and private stakeholders and organizations as needed and appropriate.
- Travel across New York State to work with partners to further establish and strengthen the network.
- Travel out of state to other sites as required.
- Present at meetings (in/out of state) highlighting work done under this grant.
- Oversee and undertake special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor in STEM related field
Relevant experience required: Experience with commercialization and entrepreneurial efforts - 5+ years
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume to email address provided, indicating job title and Ref# in subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity