Details: Grade 13 on DC government classification and compensation scale
1050 First Street Northeast
District of Columbia
General Job Information
This position is on the staff of My School DC, an entity within the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE). My School DC is responsible for operating the common application and common lottery for over 200 public schools and public charter schools in the District of Columbia.
- Analyzing data trends, making recommendations and delivering data driven presentations to external stakeholders.
- Executing lottery program using the data management systems SalesForce, Google Analytics, Qlik and Tableau.
- Evaluating strategic programmatic initiatives, monitoring progress and reporting on effectiveness.
- Research and writing on topics related to lottery system and public school demand.
- Evaluating impact of policy changes and making recommendations to Executive Director, Common Lottery Board and other policymakers.
- Fostering and initiating high level collaboration and communication with a variety of local education agencies.
- Communicating daily with school staff members to ensure clean data and strong relationships.
- Auditing local education adherence to common lottery program requirements.
- Enhancing public-facing website (myschooldc.org and School Finder).
- Fulfilling varied data requests using data security best-practices.
- Reporting to the Executive Director and performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B. or J.D., if relevant
Specialized Experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Applicants who have the 1 year of appropriate specialized experience, as indicated in the table, are not required by this standard to have general experience, education above the high school level, or any additional specialized experience to meet the minimum qualification requirements.
Licensures, Certifications and other requirements
Other Significant Factors:
This is an Education Service (ES), "At-Will" appointment. This position is not part of the collective bargaining unit. This position requires a pre-employment criminal background check.
Work is performed partially in an office environment and partially in home, child care centers and other community based locations. The employee is required to work in all areas of the city, some of which are known to be high crime areas.
Conditions of Employment
While on duty, District employees are prohibited from possessing, dispensing or being impaired by controlled substances, including alcohol. All District employees are subject to drug and alcohol testing when there is a reasonable suspicion of impairment or following any on-duty accident or incident involving injury to person or property.
Employees will be eligible to receive health and life insurance benefits and retirement benefits. More information about these benefits is available on the D.C. Department of Human Resources (DCHR) website at www.dchr.dc.gov.
Office job offers are made by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Office of Human Resources only. This job ID number is 5359 on https://careers.dc.gov/
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply