Program Evaluation Specialist
The Welfare Research, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Program Evaluation Specialist in the Office of Program Review and Evaluation located within the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Division of Mental Hygiene.
The Office of Program Review and Evaluation (OPRE) is responsible for the Division of Mental Hygiene’s centralized program evaluation and reporting system that generates data and reports to inform and support performance monitoring of contracted mental hygiene services programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Director, OPRE, the Program Evaluation Specialist will:
• Evaluate programs providing mental hygiene services to help ensure quality of services and contract compliance.
• Conduct site visits throughout New York City to evaluate programs providing mental health, alcohol and drug use, and developmental disability services.
• Document, summarize and report on evaluation findings and prepare comprehensive program evaluation reports.
• Serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team that develops and refines program audit standards and requirements, assessment instruments and protocols.
• Review corrective action plans submitted by providers.
• Participate in and/or represent the office at intra-departmental meetings or projects.
• Undertake or participate in specials projects to evaluate and improve quality of services
• A Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, Clinical Psychology, or other equivalent graduate degree, with three (3) years of experience working in a mental health, alcohol and drug use, or developmental disability services setting.
• Knowledge and experience developing, leading and/or coordinating quality assurance or improvement activities or initiatives, especially in mental health or other healthcare settings.
• Proficiency in conducting interviews or surveys, including recording and organizing data and information, and reporting findings.
• Experience developing and/or implementing performance measurement and monitoring tools to assess behavioral health services quality and outcomes.
• Knowledge and experience with case management or care coordination services supporting the needs of people with serious mental illness or other behavioral health conditions.
• Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal skills and basic computer skills
• Familiarity and work experience with a variety of program types and program settings providing direct services to people with behavioral health conditions.
• Clinical mental health experience desirable.
• Experience working in a managed care environment and/or with managed care service delivery and documentation standards desirable.
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Knowledge of and ability to research literature and summarize best and evidenced-based practices relevant to mental hygiene service areas.
• Strong data management and data analysis skills; proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access and SPSS desirable.
Work Location: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, New York 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to:
Howard Grossman, Deputy Director
Office of Program Review and Evaluation
Only applications submitted through the website will be considered.
Minimum Education Required