3333 14th Street, NW
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Communications Department is a fast-paced, dynamic team. The Communications Coordinator will support various campaigns and activities that promote DCPCSB’s work and the impact of public charter schools to local and national audiences. The ideal candidate will be passionate about education reform and an ambitious self-starter with a proven ability to plan events, support communications campaigns, and balance multiple deliverables. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
· Provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the Communications Department.
· Uncover interesting school stories that tell the impact of the school reform movement.
· Create promotional materials such as visual presentations and brochures.
· Assist with executing local and national events, including special events and community activities
· Generate content for DC PCSB’s monthly stakeholder newsletter (e.g., DC Public Charter School Now) and compile weekly emails (e.g. Wednesday Bulletin and Comms Weekly).
· Monitor and assist with maintaining DC PCSB’s multimedia content.
· Assist in processing invoices and supporting budgeting activities.
· Perform other duties as assigned and needed by the Chief Communications Officer.
Competencies and Qualifications:
· Interest or experience in education reform or urban issues;
· Ability to roll up sleeves and roll with the punches in a fast-paced, fluid environment;
· Ability to adapt to last minute changes and assignments;
· Resourcefulness and proven ability to make things happen;
· Critical and strategic thinking, the ability to predict and react to changes;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google applications and social media platforms; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, iMovie a plus;
· Clear understanding and commitment to DC PCSB’s mission and vision;
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· Fluent foreign language speaker a plus but not required.
DC PCSB offers a comprehensive benefits plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The DC Public Charter School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally diverse staff and inclusive work environment. People of color are encouraged to apply.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
No third-party or telephone inquiries please.