Details: The salary range is $145,322- $202,737 with exact compensation to be determined by MCE.
1125 Tamalpais Avenue
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for undertaking and supporting substantive tasks including business and finance-related planning and development, addressing the evolving financial and budget needs of MCE and ensuring compliance with financial rules and regulations with all applicable regulatory standards regarding, among other things, Treasurer, Controller, and Front-Middle-Back Office functions.
This position requires a high level of skill, knowledge, and ability in financial, budget and risk management and requires initiative, judgment, discretion, a strong ability to expedite and complete tasks, and the ability to make recommendations within established legal and policy frameworks established by the CEO and the Board of Directors and in accordance with state and federal laws and regulatory agency procedures and orders. The Director of Finance works with the COO to coordinate and implement programs and projects related to finance and MCE functions internally and externally.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate the Ability To:
- Coordinate and implement finance-related projects and programs efficiently, successfully, and concurrently
- Develop and manage business, budget, and finance projects for a public agency
- Collect and analyze data from a wide variety of sources
- Understand and explain complex business, budget, and financial plans
- Direct and evaluate the work of staff
- Prepare a variety of analytical and statistical reports
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons encountered during the performance of your duties
What You Need to Know
- Principles and practices of modern public financial services including program planning, implementation and evaluation, budget development, analysis, and controls
- Procedures and methods including records management, automation and software applications related to the work
- Research methodology, policy development, report writing and statistical techniques
- Principles and practices of program management, financial and budget management, and long-range planning
- Technology, systems and software designed to assist in the management of information
- State and federal laws, regulations and case law pertaining to California local government financial responsibilities and related practices. Functions and operations of a local government public agency.
- Regulatory agencies, including the California Public Utilities Commission
- Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) purpose and function.
MCE allows you to work in a dynamic organization that is a leader in Community Choice Aggregation and the provision of clean energy services. You'll learn cutting edge management and deployment practices in clean energy markets and will play a significant role in shaping our organization’s financial strategies.
We offer many benefits in addition to our competitive salary. MCE offers an employer-paid defined contribution 401(a) retirement plan. You also have the option of contributing to a 457(b) retirement plan, the ability to cover some or all travel costs with our commuter benefits, and generous leave options including sick leave, vacation leave, personal leave, paid holidays, and others. MCE offers excellent health insurance options, including dental and vision. You get the opportunity to enjoy a dog-friendly office (San Rafael), an on-site café and fitness center (Concord), as well as exercise the flexibility of our work-from-home policy (depending upon the assignment). All of our employees also have access to professional development opportunities and team-building activities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their cover letter and a resume no later than 4:00pm on Friday, November 16, 2018. Selection procedures may consist of any or all of the following: application ranking, writing sample, skills test, and interviews.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via email to jobs@MCEcleanenergy.org
It is anticipated that first round interviews will be scheduled during the week of November 26, 2018. For those selected to move forward, second round interviews are anticipated to be held during the week of December 10, 2018.