Team Lead, Information Management and Support
335 Adams Street
Position Summary: The New York City Department of Education (DOE) school system is the largest in the country, composed of approximately 1.1 million students and 75,000+ teachers in over 1,800 schools.
The Office of Data Management is the business intelligence unit of the DOE. Team members process assessment data, support a growing SQL repository of DOE data systems, build data tools that support instruction, fulfill data requests from across Central offices, serve as data consultants and thought partners, project manage the reporting of data to the state’s longitudinal data system, and produce documentation to support data users throughout the organization. ODM is part of the Office of Policy and Evaluation (OPE), within the Division of Teaching and Learning (DT&L). OPE is the primary source of data analysis, research, and academic policy for the DOE.
The Data Management Team Lead - Information Management & Support is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of data collection, reporting, and quality management initiatives. The Team Lead – Information Management & Support will work directly with the Senior Director, Office of Data Management and the Director, Information Management and Support, Office of Data Management, serving as a strategic manager and content expert for the Office of Data Management team to support key DOE programs and initiatives. Performs related work.
Reports to: Director, Information Management and Support, Office of Data Management
Direct Reports: Analysts and project consultants, as needed.
Key Relationships: Senior Director – Office of Data Management; Director – Information Management & Support; Works closely with other ODM Team Leads and other members of the OPE team. Support other OPE offices and DOE divisions, including the Office of School Performance, the Office of Assessment, the Division of Information & Instructional Technology, the Office of Academic Policies & Systems, the New York State Education Department (NYSED), vendors, and other municipal and State agencies.
• Under supervision of the Director, Information Management and Support, coaches team of analysts in the planning, development, and administration of student and academic data collection and reporting systems that fulfill state and federal requirements.
• Facilitates effective internal and external partnerships to think strategically about student and academic data collection, maintain quality control, engage in data cleansing, and align business rules with database architecture.
• Oversees the project management of critical work streams by utilizing an agile methodology (e.g. Scrum), including collaboratively determining project goals and scope, monitoring the completion of tasks, and leading the resolution and removal of impediments to workflow.
• Represents the Office of Data management at external meetings and trainings with stakeholders from various DOE and NYSED academic program offices.
• Coordinates with technical partners to understand and communicate business and technical requirements for student and academic data collection and reporting workflows, translating academic and data policies into business rules and requirements, and providing guidance on translating them into technical requirements.
• Coordinates process improvements, stream-led operations, and team efficiency within the IMS team to fulfill data requests and effectively facilitate related data collection workflows
• Creates and manages the development of documentation to aid in long and short term planning of data collection workflows and the coordination of related efforts.
• Coordinates and serves as a subject matter expert on a variety of data operations, particularly those related to New York State student and academic data work streams.
• Oversees the development of project analyses and programming routines using structured query language (SQL) and analytical tools.
• Compiles reporting and analytics knowledge management resources that support student learning and achievement and continuous improvement of NYC DOE programs and policies; based on analysis, provides validation and quality assurance support.
• Develops and promotes data quality in DOE student information systems and NYSED’s data warehouse for student, teacher/leader, and school data, the Student Information Repository system (SIRS).
• Executes complex technical work utilizing SQL software, including the creation and modification of database objects and supporting the development of the SQL data mart.
• Management and supervisory experience in public education and/or the public sector.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with education and non-education personnel, both internal and external to the DOE.
• Extremely well-organized, able to work under pressure, and meet frequent and sometimes changing deadlines.
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot, problem-solve, and resolve issues.
• Capacity to successfully coordinate multiple, complex initiatives and supervise staff toward achievement of defined goals and outcomes.
• Ability to supervise and administer a program that is citywide in scope.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with current practices and policies around reporting compliance, DOE data structures, and data operations.
• Experience with SQL and/or other relational databases and SQL Server Integration (SSIS).
• Expert in Excel software and VBA.
• Proficient in at least one scripting language, e.g. Python.
• Working knowledge of enterprise reporting tools/applications such as Cognos, Business Objects, and Tableau, including designing, deploying, and supporting reports.
• Experience with the New York State Student Information Repository System (SIRS).
• Strong customer service and problem-solving approach.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Minimum Education Required