Details: $17 - $20/hour
The Extended Day staff position is responsible for the purpose of helping students develop and strengthen academic, physical and social skills in a safe and supervised school extended day enrichment program.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 2-6pm. Available on Early Release days at 12:00pm.
Salary: $17- $20 per hour follows the Swampscott School District Calendar to include vacations, holidays and closures.
- Passion for Extended Day and youth development.
- Reliable, organized and punctual.
- Must plan, organizes and implement a variety of enriching and age appropriate program activities
- Adhere to policies and procedures in a pro-active manner, making the safety and care of each student your primary focus.
- Build a positive relationship with each after-school participant in your care, and foster positive connections between participants. Actively engage with children at all times with the goal of fostering the positive development of each student and the group.
- Conduct yourself as a professional and representative of Extended Day with school staff, parents, students and anyone else with whom you come into contact in your role.
- Effectively manage assigned student /group. Maintain and implement discipline policy.
- Be a contributing member of the Extended Day School team.
Qualifications: Two years experience with teaching and supervising children (K-8th grade) in a recreational and or educational setting. At least 21 years of age preferred. High School diploma and some college course-work in the following areas: psychology, education, recreation, physical education preferred. Must have ability /experience in developing inside and outside activities and supervising homework. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, as well as walk/ run swiftly in case of an emergency. Subject to physical exam. CPR/First Aid Certified.
Minimum Education Required