Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
500 West Temple Street,
Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis’ office has an immediate opening for an experienced Staff Assistant. The First District is home to two million residents, across 246 square miles, in diverse communities from unincorporated East Los Angeles and Valinda, MacArthur Park to Eagle Rock, and South Gate to Pomona. The candidate must be community-oriented and have a strong interest in improving the quality of life for residents of Los Angeles County and especially First District constituents. The Staff Assistant will form part of the First District’s Administrative team and will work alongside the Legislative Deputies and the District Engagement team to provide the administrative support needed to implement Supervisor Solis’ policy priorities.
• Ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment;
• Ability to handle incoming calls and work directly with constituents;
• Greet guests;
• Process all incoming mail;
• Ensure proper mail distribution;
• Review and process scheduling requests for assigned deputies;
• Assist in the management of various deputies calendars;
• Reserve and prepare meeting rooms for appointments;
• Input casework into Constituent Relationship Management System;
• Assist with office operations as assigned by the Administrative Director;
• Order supplies and maintain their inventory;
• Other tasks as needed and assigned by the Administrative Director
• Attend community meetings and district events as assigned.
• Must be able to work independently;
• Must be able to work in a high-paced environment;
• Must be detail oriented and able to maintain accurate records;
• Must be highly motivated and committed;
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously;
• Must be a team player;
• Ability to attend to details while focusing on big-picture goals;
• Familiarity with the First District;
• Knowledge of Los Angeles County systems;
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
• Pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude;
• Strong skills in phone etiquette.
• Two (2) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist inside the office of an elected official, a governmental office, or the private sector;
• Preference for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
• A valid California class "C" driver license is required to perform job-related functions and the ability to drive to meetings and community events throughout Los Angeles County.
Cadillac Benefits Plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language is a plus.
Minimum Education Required