NYC MAYOR’S OFFICE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Senior Budget Analyst
Job ID: 21519
Location: New York, New York
The Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice (MOCJ) advises the Mayor of the City of New York on criminal justice policy. MOCJ develops and implements strategies, with partners inside and outside government, to reduce crime and incarceration and to promote fairness and legitimacy.
MOCJ has a $400 million contract services budget and monitors more than $300 million in grants and asset forfeiture funding disbursed to multiple city agencies. The Senior Budget Analyst, under supervision of the Budget Director, will manage a portfolio of grant and asset forfeiture projects, and will perform core budget and operations duties assigned.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the preparation of expense and revenue budgets for MOCJ. Maintain tracking of quarterly financial plan submissions to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Work with program directors to aid in turning ideas in to practicable proposals, including creating budgets and providing funding recommendations.
• Monitor a portfolio of grants and asset forfeiture projects that are administered by MOCJ. Duties include facilitating the grant application process, coordinating with outside agencies and organizations, monitoring awards and compliance, tracking expenditures, retaining audit-ready documentation, and fulfilling reporting requirements to various funding authorities.
• Seek out funding opportunities and apprise upper management of any risks associated with current funding sources.
• Prepare budget to actual reporting and variance analysis for upper management. Maximize capabilities of CRM module, and develop tracking systems and projections that evaluate the fiscal impact to agency operations.
• Prepare billings and monitor collection of receivables for grant and forfeiture projects. Coordinate with MOCJ fiscal staff to ensure proper recognition of revenue.
• Assist Budget Director and Fiscal Director with year-end close functions.
• Develop briefs, reports, and analyses for internal and external purposes.
• Develop policies and procedures as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of full-time experience in budgetary planning/management, financial analysis, public policy analysis or a related field, or a Master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Finance or a related field, and one year of relevant experience.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and Word, required;
• Experience in grant or budget monitoring, preferred;
• Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading and writing skills;
• Excellent organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills, including the ability to take initiative, problem solve, prioritize duties, balance competing priorities, work independently and within a fast-paced and team environment, paying close attention to detail, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure;
• Maintaining an enthusiastic work ethic, in addition to possessing excellent interpersonal skills, which includes being able to work well with others in a diverse team/work environment.
Commensurate with experience
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to CJCResumes@cityhall.nyc.gov. Please be sure to include “Senior Budget Analyst” in the subject line.
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment.
The City of New York and the Office of the Mayor are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Minimum Education Required