Kids and Families Librarian (Bilingual) - Edgewater and Wheat Ridge Libraries
- Job posted by Jefferson County Public Library
10200 West 20th Avenue
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Job Seeker: Do you deliver a high level of customer service? Do you want to create and present programming to library patrons? Are you inspired to provide dynamic leadership in children's programming and early literacy, subject matter mentoring for staff, and proactive community outreach? Do you have language skills that include speaking, reading and writing in English/Spanish?
If you are a dynamic, customer-focused, forward-thinking individual with an aptitude for technology who enjoys serving the public, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- Provides holistic library service and creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons.
- Handles the most difficult patron questions by utilizing complex research skills.
- Ensures equal access to all resources and materials, both physical and digital.
- Develops and provides library instruction and patron education individually and in groups.
- Performs community outreach via classes, workshops, and programs both in the library and off site.
- Develops, promotes, and delivers creative, quality programming to meet community needs and interests.
- Collects, analyzes, and utilizes data to adjust programming.
- Evaluates and maintains the existing collection through weeding and transferring of materials.
- Promotes the collection through enticing visual displays and special exhibits.
- Collaborates in the creation of content for the JCPL website and social media resources.
- Provides guidance and support in daily operations to staff and volunteers.
- Assumes the duties of the Person-In-Charge when scheduled or in the absence of the manager.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
- Must be able to attend Family Place training May 7-10, 2018 in Long Island, NY.
- This position is a shared responsibility between two libraries and collaboration with each location's paraprofessional staff is needed to succeed.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Retirement plan, Flex Spending accounts, Life & AD&D insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual speaking, reading and writing skills in English/Spanish.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) degree or Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree or equivalent; MLS or MLIS may be in progress.
- A minimum of 1 year of library experience.
- Public library experience with an emphasis on services to children and families preferred.
- Background in children's literature preferred.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer and technology skills as appropriate for the position.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply here at GovernmentJobs.com