Details: This is an exempt full-time fixed term position for 9 months which can be extended to 12 months. The salary range is $77,187 - $103,404 with exact compensation to be determined by the Chief Executive Officer.
2300 Clayton Road
Marketing Manager II - (Commercial Customer Segment Assignment)
$77,187 - $103,404
Fixed term position for 9 months which can be extended to 12 months
Apply by 4pm, September 17, 2018
The Marketing Manager has two levels, Marketing Manager I and II. This recruitment is only for the Marketing Manager II level.
This position will be located in MCE’s Concord office, but the incumbent will be expected to travel between offices and periodically work at the San Rafael office, as needed.
The Marketing Manager I and II work under general supervision from the Deputy Director of Marketing Communications and have a wide range of responsibilities related to the implementation of marketing efforts for the Public Affairs department of MCE.
· The Marketing Manager II position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
The duties and responsibilities are dependent upon the level of the position and/or assignment.
· Develops and drafts press releases, blog and social media posts, e-news articles, and web, email marketing, and print content.
· Reviews and updates MCE collateral copy.
· Updates website as needed.
· Prepares and distributes miscellaneous documents as needed such as information packets for interested parties.
· Helps manage and maintain MCE’s social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Nextdoor.
· Responds to public social media comments and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Contributes to the creation of advertising and customer engagement campaigns.
Marketing Strategy & Analysis
· Manages and creates strategic marketing campaigns including email, social media, webinars and indirect outreach through MCE stakeholders to foster brand awareness and encourage MCE program participation.
· · Coordinates marketing, education and outreach activities for assigned customer segments (i.e., residential, commercial and industrial, or municipal and advocacy groups) across the organization.
· Provides thought leadership for assigned customer segment outreach (i.e., residential, commercial and industrial, or municipal and advocacy groups), including develop voice of customer profiles.
· Analyzes email, advertising, education, event, social, and online campaign performance and provides regular reports, insights, and strategies for improvements.
· Effectively manages and serves as a liaison to 3rd party vendors in support of the above and on behalf of the public affairs team.
· Networks, engages, and fosters relationships with organizations and partners and that may assist MCE with its mission, public outreach, and brand equity growth.
· Provides basic marketing support services, including photography and social media mentions for key stakeholders and customers enrolled in special programs.
· As assigned, provides supervision and/or lead work direction to assigned Public Affairs team staff members and interns, including initial and annual performance evaluations.
· As assigned, assists with the implementation of MCE's Strategic Plan.
Marketing Manager II:
Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in communications, business, marketing, or a related field and at least 4 years of experience in the implementation of marketing efforts. Supervisory experience and work in a public agency or utility are desirable.
· The organization and operations of a local government joint powers authority agency.
· The history of Community Choice Aggregation legislation and implementation in California and the history, implementation and operation of MCE.
· Principles, techniques, and methods of public information and education, and community relations.
· Best practices for commercial customer engagement, education and outreach.
· Consumer marketing best practices including social media and events.
· E-mail marketing platforms such as Constant Contact.
· Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite including Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop.
· Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
· Interact effectively with customers, local community groups and organizations, and MCE staff and Board of Directors and committees.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons encountered in the performance of duties.
· Effectively manage work through other staff members, in particular those supervised.
· Manage projects and time efficiently.
· Be detail oriented and to multi-task when needed.
· Resolve issues quickly and effectively.
· Manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
· Take responsibility and work independently, as well as coordinate team efforts.
· Work accurately and swiftly under pressure.
· Demonstrate patience, tact, and courtesy.
To View the Full Job Announcement Visit the MCE Website Careers Page at https://www.mcecleanenergy.org/careers/
Benefits include paid vacation, sick, personal, family medical and parental leave; employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; employer contribution to a 401(a) retirement plan; optional 457(b) deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account and commute alternatives program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The person hired for this position will focus on marketing and communications for MCE’s commercial customers (including SMB, enterprise, and industrial segments). As part of your application, please choose one of these commercial segments and submit a writing sample in a format that you think would most effectively reach your chosen segment. The goal of your piece is to get customers to opt up to Deep Green 100% renewable energy. Please be sure to note in your submission the segment that you have chosen and your reason for selecting the format that you did.
Formats might include a social media post, press release, case study, blog post, direct email, etc. The writing sample can be an excerpt. Writing samples will be evaluated on quality of writing, messaging, and strategy for selecting the chosen format.
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their writing sample, cover letter, and resume via email to jobs@MCEcleanenergy.org no later than 4pm, on Monday, September 17, 2018. All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications. The candidates who are most qualified for the current opening will be invited to interviews. First round interviews are tentatively planned for September 26-27.