44 Hawley Street
Works under the direction of the Regional Director providing administrative and coordination support for state projects and programs. Works as part of the project team for Project Manager(s) as needed.
Provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial duties to support day-to-day operations for the Regional Director and regional office staff, including, but not limited to:
- Answer phones, take messages and direct calls and e-mails to appropriate parties; prioritize and immediately handle time-sensitive messages and requests.
- Respond to inquiries relating to the Southern Tier Regional Council and Southern Tier Office, and to unsolicited inquiries from small businesses, start-up companies and others for program information and referral.
- Create, organize and maintain records, correspondence and other related materials for Regional Director and Southern Tier office staff.
- Handle all scheduling matters: confirm meetings and conference calls, screen and reserve meeting rooms and arrange for required parking, provide for building security clearance, resolve scheduling conflicts, monitor schedule changes, provide meeting reminders and updates.
- Prepare, proofread and coordinate production and distribution of reports, agendas, presentations and other documents as needed. Ensure meeting materials are complete, orderly, and available in advance of each meeting. Prepare meeting minutes, maintain meeting records, and other key office documentation.
- Make all necessary travel arrangements, prepare itineraries and detailed travel schedules, and ensure that all travel documents are in order and available as needed.
- Coordinate with other departments and across ESDC and DED as needed to ensure proper submittal and timely handling of required paperwork, including, but not limited to, purchase requests, payment authorization forms, business meal authorization expense reports, pre-travel requests, mileage and expense reports, tax exemption forms, shipping receipts and other office documents in a timely fashion.
- Maintain centralized office filing systems, including both electronic and hard copy files. Review files periodically and screen for materials that can be disposed of according to file retention guidelines and materials that can be stored centrally.
- Inventory, order, and maintain all office supplies and coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Support on-time, accurate reporting of ST office and Regional Council projects and activities as needed.
- Provide staff support for Governor’s events, Regional Council activities, and other meetings and events as needed. Support the ST team in their representation of the agency at meetings.
- Special Projects – Perform special projects as required.
- EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- Education Level Required: High school diploma
- Equivalent Experience Required: A minimum of 5 years’ of administrative experience.
- Required Knowledge & Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Excellent telephone etiquette, high level word processing, spread sheet development, database management, preparation of presentation materials, strong organizational skills, discretion and good judgement are essential. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently. Proficiency with Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word is required.
Enhance Comprehensive Benefit Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please include job title in subject line and list recruitment source.