The Executive Chamber for Governor Andrew M. Cuomo is seeking an energetic staff member for their briefing team. The briefing team coordinates, edits, and writes all briefing memos that go to the Governor and have daily interaction with senior members of New York State Government. Candidates should want to work in fast-paced environment handling variety of issues of public policy. The team researches a variety of matters, in all areas of government. The Senior briefer would act as the primary liaison of the briefing team and senior members of the administration.
- BA Degree a must
- MA or JD a plus
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in government, or private industry in either communications or a position that required and developed good writing skills.
- Prior experience as a manager/supervisor preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have excellent oral and written abilities
- Ideal candidates will have a sharp eye for detail and good research skills
- Proven ability to work in a highly fast paced environment
- Ability to multi task
- Weekend and evening work required
- Drivers’ license required
- Ideal candidates would have a strong interest or prior knowledge of NYS government
Minimum Education Required