Details: starting at specified amount
633 Third Avenue
Performs stakeholder engagement and relationship management necessary to support the NY Broadband Program; significant responsibilities include representing the ESD Broadband Program Office (BPO) at public forums, meeting with public officials and key stakeholders, tracking and developing responses to correspondence, performing GIS and data analysis tasks, and developing presentations.
- Develop public presentations, briefing materials, and analyses and reports including geographic information systems (GIS) and mapping analyses of projects.
- Develop newsletters, mass emails, and other periodic communications to advise the public and/or other stakeholders about the status of the Program.
- Track and develop timely responses to outside correspondence to the BPO.
- Coordinate meetings with external stakeholders, including preparing BPO staff members to attend.
- Attend public forums and other meetings in all areas of New York State on behalf of the BPO.
- Monitor public statements concerning the Program and news trends about broadband.
- Track status of broadband deployments in collaboration with BPO Project Management Team, to stay informed of progress and/or significant changes.
- Manage and assist in managing selected projects on an as-needed basis: preparing Directors' materials and other inter/intra-agency administrative documentation necessary for project awards; Preparing and reviewing maps illustrating broadband connectivity in different areas of the State.
- Draft internal documentation relating to the BPO contracts.
- Other assignments as required by BPO.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy/Administration, Business, Engineering or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
Relevant experience required: Industry knowledge of broadband and telecommunications deployment and infrastructure. Minimum 3-5 years direct, extensive experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, or related business or not-for-profit area.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Prior experience in an external relations, communications, or public affairs role. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, non-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography, localities, and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through are highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management.
Knowledge preferred: Knowledge of GIS/data analysis. Prior experience working with local government entities across New York State. General knowledge of broadband, telecommunications and other infrastructure/construction projects.
comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please announce job title in email subject line and list source of recruitment.