100 Church Street
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks a Data Manager to collect and maintain data related to voter participation, election administration, and campaign finance and serve as the agency’s Open Data Coordinator. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Public Affairs.
· Maintain and document data management policies and practices for Public Affairs.
· Serve as the agency’s Open Data Coordinator and ensure compliance with the NYC Open Data Law.
· Manage acquisition and collection of data both internally and from external sources.
· Evaluate federal, state, local, and community data sources to incorporate into internal data research.
· Ensure quality assurance of all internally-collected voting data.
· Create visualizations and dashboards from campaign finance and voting data.
· Work with Public Affairs and agency staff to supply data for decision-making or project needs.
· Assist in developing an overall data strategy.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems and recommend process improvements.
· Excellent understanding of data management with a meticulous approach.
· Ability to handle large data sets using data scripting such as SQL, Python, or R.
· Familiarity with statistical programs such as STATA or SPSS.
· Proficiency in data visualization software such as Tableau or Power BI.
· Knowledge of geographic data and mapping software a plus but not required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to build relationships with NYC’s open data and civic tech communities.
· Ability to work independently and within a team.
· Ability to meet deadlines with minimal oversight.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a field related to data science.
· Proven experience in data management.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated interest in New York City government and politics.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email, fax, or mail your resume and cover letter (required) to:
Mr. Corey Schaffer
NYC Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street, 12th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Fax #: (212) 409-1705
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact Corey Schaffer at (212) 409-1800.