NYC DOE Division of Early Childhood Education - Pre-K Data & Analytics Consultant
52 Chambers Street
The New York City Department of Education's Pre-K for All system provides free, full-day, high-quality pre-K for any child and family who wants it. Research demonstrates that quality early childhood education contributes to student achievement and is associated with other long-term benefits. Pre-K for All programs create educational experiences designed to support young children in the ways they learn and develop most effectively. Participation in pre-K gives children stronger math and reading skills in elementary school and a better chance at success in life.
DECE Data and Analytics team currently has two openings for Data Analyst Consultant who will assist the Division of Early Childhood Education’s instructional and operational quality of Pre-K programs. As described below, the role will focus on data management and analysis of various projects. This is a great role for candidates looking to expand their knowledge of the education space and gain experience in central administration.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the collection and analysis of data about proactive monitoring and reactive supports of programs.
· Monitoring and maintaining data collected during operational inspections, by staff supporting teacher hiring, or concerns submitted by community members.
· Supporting teacher workforce development pipelines and the certification policy design.
· Maintaining and supporting the data processes on community based organizations contracts’ data
· Monitoring and supporting the data processes on enrollments and payments
· Maintaining existing Access databases and tools and support users to gain access
· Support with data cleaning, mapping and analysis of program portfolio
The ideal candidate for the Data & Analytics Consultant role will demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- Experience and comfort with a statistical programing is required. Any coding experience is a plus.
- An ideal candidate has familiarity with educational data, specifically early childhood performance data such as ECERS-R, CLASS, QualitySTARS QRIS, Program Administration Scale (PAS), etc.; or teacher performance and certification data.
- Strong experience with relational databases.
- Two (2) years of experience as a business analyst.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills; motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, and sound business judgment.
- Experience producing deliverables related to requirements definition, solution design, quality assurance and training.
- Strong analytical and interviewing skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience developing and gaining acceptance for proposed solutions and business cases with senior-level technical and business leaders.
- Prior government project experience (NYC strongly preferred).
Term of Employment, Reporting Structure, and Pay Rate
The role is a consultancy for approximately 6 months, based on start date, which may be extended based on performance. The pay rate for this role is $30-$35 an hour, depending on experience, at 35 hours a week and it is not eligible for benefits except for paid sick days.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tejal Shah at TShah2@schools.nyc.gov
Minimum Education Required