Details: This is an exempt, full-time. The salary range is $86,327 - $126,801 with exact compensation to be determined by MCE.
2300 Clayton Road
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Business Relationship Manager you will develop and maintain contacts with key business clients and decision makers, as well as create partnerships and recruit customers to programs. You’ll do this through participating in client relationship management meetings, key stakeholder and industry meetings and events, strategic outreach planning, professional networking, email campaigns, public presentations, and other relevant communications.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST DEMONSTRATE THE ABILITY TO:
- Create and maintain relationships with MCE business clients.
- Contribute to developing strategic plans for new and continued outreach to MCE customers.
- Effectively engage and communicate with diverse stakeholders in-person, on the phone, and through email to promote and explain MCE’s programs and services.
- Fully interpret and explain energy data and energy charges and statistics to stakeholders in a simple and understandable manner.
- Deliver results in a client-centered, client-as-a-partner environment.
- Participate in community engagement events outside of regular business hours, such as chamber of commerce events and community meetings.
- Have clear oral and written communication in various environments, potentially under pressure and while being recorded.
- Assist other staff with needs of the organization that may fall outside of this job description, such as assisting other departments or filling in for team members when necessary.
- Multitask on several on projects while delivering a consistent, high-quality and timely work product.
- Work independently to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Work as part of a collaborative team.
- Adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Act with patience, tact, courtesy and flexibility.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Utility industry, service options, terminology, rates, and billing.
- Energy usage profiles for Commercial & Industrial customers and key energy considerations such as demand charges, TOU rates, etc.
- California energy policy and regulations, clean energy market development drivers, and clean energy adoption by Commercial & Industrial customers.
- Key business associations and community organizations within MCE’s service area (Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, and Solano counties).
- Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) landscape in California.
- Skills essential for effective client management, including outreach, customer service, relationship building, and networking experience.
- Data skills essential to billing and cost analysis, including developing spreadsheets and using formulae and functions to verify cost and emissions data for customers.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Google Suite including Sheets, Docs, and Calendar.
- Knowledge of diverse cultures and communities such as communities of color, low income, English as a second language, various ages, and socio-economic spectrums.
- Greenhouse gas analysis and emissions accounting familiarity is desirable.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE EDGE
- A demonstrated passion for our mission.
- Experience working with large commercial customers helping to advance clean energy adoption.
- An understanding of commercial energy decision making around clean energy adoption.
- Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in communications, business, marketing, public administration, environmental planning, or a related field and at least four years of experience in client management or escalated customer service roles.
- Experience working in a public utility and/or a Community Choice Aggregation program or at a related energy services organization.
MCE offers excellent health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. MCE contributes to a 401(a) retirement plan and you have the option of contributing to a 457(b) deferred compensation plan and flexible spending account. You also have the ability to cover some or all travel costs with our commute alternatives program. You get the opportunity to enjoy a dog-friendly office (San Rafael), an on-site café and fitness center (Concord), as well as exercise the flexibility of our work-from-home policy (depending upon the assignment). All of our employees also have access to professional development opportunities and team-building activities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their cover letter and a resume no later than 4:00pm on Friday, November 16, 2018. Applicants should include in their cover letters relevant skills and/or experience and address why they are a good candidate for the position. Selection procedures may consist of any or all of the following: application ranking, writing sample, skills test, and interviews.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via email to jobs@MCEcleanenergy.org
It is anticipated that first round interviews will be scheduled during the week of December 3, 2018. For those selected to move forward, second round interviews are anticipated to be held during the week of December 10, 2018.