Seasonal & Part-time Opportunities (Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality, NYC Department of Education)
Full Time Temporary Contract
Details: Based on education and experience
65 Court Street
The NYCDOE's Office of Teacher Recruitment Quality has a number of seasonal full-time and part-time opportunities. Currently, we are hiring for:
- Teacher Staffing Support Associate (4)
- Specialized Programs Consultant (2)
- PE Program & Recruitment Associate (1)
- Welcome Center Customer Service Associate (1)
Please see all job descriptions located here.
About the NYC Department of Education & Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality
The New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) is the largest public school system in the United States, serving over 1.1 million students in more than 1700 schools. Our schools range in focus from traditional pre-K-12 education, to specialized instruction in various subject areas, in addition to services for our students who have special needs.
The Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality is responsible for the recruitment of high-quality teachers to meet the diverse staffing needs of the New York City Department of Education (DOE) public schools, as well as being responsible for initiatives to promote the equitable and quality distribution of teachers across all schools. Research has repeatedly shown that teacher quality is the single most important variable in raising student achievement.
TRQ sets and strives to meet its ambitious annual goals by:
- Serve as the primary marketing agent and source of information to individuals seeking to become NYC public school teachers to recruit a large, high quality and diverse pool of candidates.
- Design and manage recruitment initiatives, programs, and pathways for individuals to become NYC teachers, especially to address subject and geographic shortage areas.
- Select a high quality pool of candidates to become NYC teachers through rigorous, research-driven, screening processes.
- Design and implement high quality field experiences for teacher candidates in both alternative certification and traditional pathways.
- Provide strategic assistance to schools to help them make optimal, local hiring decisions.
- Lead teacher portfolio initiatives, including incentives, to promote an equitable distribution of teachers across all schools and especially to ensure that students with the greatest need are served by highly effective educators.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Every position requires candidates to submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume. Please see each job description for specific applications instructions for each role.