Full Time Temporary
24 West 61st Street
Under the guidance and discretion of the Program Director, the Programming Associate will be responsible
for the following:
· Conduct community outreach by assembling volunteers to assist in the events
· Greet and support artists, teachers and other vendors who are presenting programs in Riverside Park
including equipment load-in Stage-manage all programs and events in Riverside or West Harlem Piers Park.
· Manage reservations for events
· Administer various sports and recreation equipment. Maintain an inventory of all Riverside Park program materials and equipment
· Distribute flyers and posters throughout the community and in the Park
· Maintain and manage database for mailings
· Assist the Program Director with all clerical duties including data entry
· Perform regular event paperwork filing and report creation
· Interact with the public in a pleasant and supportive manner
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered
- activities in an area related to duties described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above.
- Experience facilitating recreation programs and/or structured arts program in a camp, community city or arts facility.
- Production management or stage management experience including theatre, concerts and other performing arts events.
- Knowledge and skills in a variety of sports activities, games, arts, and crafts.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPR/ First Aid Certified.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid New York State driver license.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
Fees: Hired candidates will be subject to a processing fee of $61.00. Hired candidates who are not currently employed by the City will be subject to an $87.00 background check fee.
The expected duration of this position is 5 months.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Benjamin Kramer, Park & Recreation Manager,
City of New York, Parks & Recreation,
24 West 61st Street, 5th floor, New York, NY 10023
or email: Benjamin.Kramer@parks.nyc.gov