Talent Acquisition Recruiter - Office of Human Resources
Job ID: 18574
Location: Medgar Evers College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Medgar Evers College (MEC), a nationally recognized leader in urban-serving education, is one of twenty-four units within the dynamic City University New York (CUNY) System. Named for the late civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers (1925-1963), the College's mission is to develop and maintain high quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of liberal education.
Located in Central Brooklyn, MEC was established in 1970 with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community, currently enrolling approximately 7,000 students in degree programs. Students represent 105 countries around the world. MEC students obtain Associate degrees in 8 fields, and Baccalaureate degrees in 18 fields. They are instructed by over 170 full-time dedicated faculty members who must maintain a portfolio of scholarship and research. To meet the needs of its students, the College offers courses and programs at various times, is growing their online program offerings, and in offsite locations. The College is committed to a student-centered education and advancing knowledge through scholarly research.
The Recruiter is responsible for providing the highest level of staffing services under the direction of the Executive Director of Human Resources. This position delivers professional and executive-level candidates, while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the CUNY selection process. This individual will perform full lifecycle recruiting and maintain excellent relations with hiring managers and candidates. A wide degree of creativity, short and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior leadership, identifying personnel needs and workforce planning strategies.
- Visit hiring-manager departments to develop a thorough understanding of the department culture and uses that understanding to help candidates fully understand the opportunity.
- Recommend and implement sourcing strategies (job boards, LinkedIn, Craigslist, CUNY portal…) to identify candidates for open positions and succession planning.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements when needed.
- Ensure optimal candidate recruitment experience, maintains communication throughout the entire process and positively represents the organization. Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates throughout the recruitment process; ensuring the onboarding process is complete (i.e. I.D., keys, email access, parking, and all other necessary tools to ensure a successful start).
- Extend offers of employment to selected candidates with the approval of the hiring managers and within the guidelines of CUNY hiring practices.
- Develop and maintain accurate and well-ordered reports and documentation on all searches, hiring manager interactions, acting, interim and substitute positions, candidate sourcing activity, effectiveness of sourcing and other recruiting activities.
- Works cooperatively with all members of the HR team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities. Participates in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-Art recruiting practices. Works with and directs the efforts of other recruiting staff.
- Maintain TAM module including: posting jobs, review and respond to applicants' emails, resume screening, process closed searches, etc. Provide training on TAM to the college community.
- Coordinate with leadership on all hiring events, including hiring pools and other organized recruiting initiatives.
- Manage recruitment expenditures including expense reports for advertisement and background checks, and any other expenditures.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- 4 years’ experience in full lifecycle recruiting, preferably in an academic setting
- Experience within the CUNY system a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, target driven and passionate about recruitment and retention.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Internet proficiency and digital advertising experience (i.e.: Monster, LinkedIn, Craigslist)
- Proficiency in CUNYFirst/Oracle
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Administers various Human Resources functions and programs for one or more employee group(s) exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Oversees two or more human resources functions for an employee group, such as, but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, employee relations, appointment administration, compensation, human resource information systems (HRIS), training and development, benefits, and/or administration of HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensures human resources functions, programs, and actions are in compliance with university rules and regulations, collective bargaining agreements, employment laws, and college policies and procedures.
- Interprets and provides professional counsel and advice to employees and managers on HR programs and policies, CUNY rules, collective bargaining agreements, and applicable employment laws. Researches and resolves multifaceted human resources issues.
- Recommends new approaches, best practices, policies, and systems to improve office efficiency and services provided.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
April 22, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Minimum Education Required