Details: annually plus excellent benefits
795 Massachusetts Avenue
Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Senior Inclusionary Housing Manager will manage the City’s Inclusionary Rental Housing and Middle-Income Rental Housing programs through which the City now offers access to more than 700 affordable units at more than 35 properties. As a senior member of the Community Development Department’s Housing Division, the Senior Inclusionary Housing Manager will work with CDD staff to prepare for anticipated growth while managing the current program. He or she will work closely with staff from several City departments to advance efforts to provide affordable housing to eligible households, and will work regularly with housing applicants and tenants, private housing developers and managers, housing case workers, housing advocates, and staff at the Cambridge Housing Authority and other housing authorities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring program policies, procedures, guidelines, controls, and workflow to ensure efficient operation of the rental program and production of the rental team;
- Drafting, developing, and promulgating rental housing regulations to establish program operations, coordinating public review;
- Actively managing 3 full-time program staff; developing staff leadership capabilities including a strong team orientation;
- Ensuring consistency and timeliness of housing applicant eligibility reviews and income certification, and regular tenant eligibility recertifications;
- Overseeing tenant selection for available rental units and planning for initial occupancy of new units including approval of form leases, applicable fees, tenant screening and selection criteria;
- Developing and maintaining relationship with residents, property managers, other City departments, housing and service providers; working collaboratively with these parties to respond appropriately to concerns and complaints;
- Ensuring regular communication and coordination with participating property managers; implementing periodic training to support participating property managers;
- Monitoring housing applicant and resident experiences; solicit, compile and assess participant feedback to improve programs and services;
- Compiling and analyzing program data to assess outcomes relative to program goals;
- Assisting with other City housing programs and special housing projects as needed;
- Performing other duties as required.
- The Senior Inclusionary Rental Housing Manager should be self-motivated, detail-oriented and ready to help CDD in efforts to provide income-eligible households access to affordable homes.
- Master’s degree in real estate, public administration, management, business or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in affordable housing or assisted housing management, with at least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity. A Bachelor’s degree in these fields of study with a minimum of 5-7 years of comparable professional experience would also be accepted.
- Commitment to working in a community that values diversity; and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders to help negotiate solutions to difficult problems involving parties with different interests;
- Experience with affordable housing programs, income and eligibility review, application management and working with housing applicants and tenants;
- Ability to research and evaluate information for use in program analysis and planning;
- Ability to clearly relay complex program information and requirements to staff, program participants, property managers, and other housing and service providers;
- Ability to provide effective staff management as well as work well individually; demonstrated ability to lead, encourage ideas and develop leadership in others;
- Good judgement, and excellent organizational, written and oral communication, and public speaking skills;
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, and community engagement skills with demonstrated ability to relate to staff and the general public in a positive manner;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, tasks, and interactions while remaining organized in a fast-paced office environment; strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated facility with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel) and familiarity with or ability to learn rental housing management software;
- Experience with program outreach and marketing including use of web and social media;
- Knowledge of the Cambridge community;
- Proficiency in Spanish, Haitian/Creole or Portuguese;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 09/18/18. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.
Selected candidates may be asked to provide and discuss examples of past work demonstrating their skills and experience.