COMMUNICATIONS & OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Full Time Temporary
65 Court Street
Entering our third year, our team continues to expand the impact of our Select Recruits Early Hiring Program across 350+ schools in the Bronx. We are building a pool of 900+ candidates through mid-March to connect with hiring managers who are looking to make job offers for next school year before June. We are in need of a strong communicator and operations-savvy professional who can:
· Monitor and manage the program’s inbox
· Support with the execution of dozens of early hiring events
· Provide tactical staffing support to schools
· Track early hiring activity including job offers and vacancies
· Manage our online database of candidates
· Keep candidates “warm and informed” along the way
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6+ months' experience working in an office setting strongly preferred
- Some experience in a customer/client service role
- Strong project and relationship management skills
- Proven intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
We expect the Comms & Ops Associate to:
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Execute smooth operations. Your planning will be the backbone of an efficient and productive program. The team will look to you to maintain systems and support implementation of various staffing operations.
- Show up with a problem solving mindset. You effectively articulate and recognize important trends while offering effective solutions for our stakeholders and the team.
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
Reports to: Staffing Support Manager
Timeframe: We are looking for someone to start the week of March 12 and continue with us through the end of June, with the option to stay on over the summer through mid-September.
Pay: $22.50/hour, 35 hours/week
*Some evening hours will be required to support offsite hiring events
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Division of Human Resources, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
About the NYC Department of Education & Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality
The New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) is the largest public school system in the United States, serving over 1.1 million students in more than 1700 schools. Our schools range in focus from traditional pre-K-12 education, to specialized instruction in various subject areas, in addition to services for our students who have special needs.
The Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality is responsible for the recruitment of high-quality teachers to meet the diverse staffing needs of the New York City Department of Education (DOE) public schools. Research has repeatedly shown that teacher quality is the single most important variable in raising student achievement. TRQ's mission is to:
- Serve as the primary marketing agent and source of information to individuals seeking to become NYC public school teachers to recruit a large, high-quality and diverse pool of candidates.
- Cultivate a large, high-quality pool of teachers to become NYC teachers through rigorous, research-driven screening processes.
- Provide deeper levels of assistance to our highest-need schools to help them make optimal hiring decisions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org.