Data and Operations Analyst
New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission
Job Opening: 340998
Salary: $41,036 -$51,000
The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) is the City agency responsible for oversight of the for-hire vehicle industries in New York City, including the drivers and owners of yellow medallion taxis, green Boro Taxis, community car services, black cars (include those booked via smartphone app), certain luxury limousines, commuter vans, and paratransit vehicles. These industries serve more than 1,000,000 passengers each day and are a key component of the city’s transportation network. Through functions such as driver background checks, vehicle inspections, and driver education, TLC’s role is to promote the highest standards of safety and consumer protection in the industries we regulate.
TLC is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to help the Agency continue its work to develop a modern, innovative approach to the licensing process with the key goals of (1) providing excellent customer service to our clients, and (2) improving the efficiency of our internal operations. We are actively seeking technological changes and enhancements to modernize our processes, and as a Data and Operations Analyst within the Licensing and Standards Division, you will be a key part of that change.
This position will report to the supervisor of the Licensing and Standards Analytics Unit. The person chosen will conduct project management and analytic work for the TLC’s Licensing and Standards Division, including the following tasks:
• Compiling monthly, quarterly, and annual agency performance metrics for Citywide Performance Reporting.
• Utilizing project management methodologies and standard best practices to manage multiple cross-division level projects.
• Documenting project scope and specifications for all unit level projects.
• Assisting other Division Directors with operational and process management, including the development of analytic tools to address areas of need and provide for the ability to monitor fundamental key indicators that measure progress.
• Performing research activities and prepare written reports by collecting information of both current and historical nature for use in the preparation of executive summary/change request reports.
• Developing, designing, and updating databases to support internal business processes and data analysis.
• Assisting the Director and Supervisor in operational and policy oversight for the Unit.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
Strong technical skills and experience in data management and analysis, using Microsoft Access Excel, SQL, SSMS, Tableau, or similar tools
Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
Background in Project/Case Management procedures and methodologies
Ability to design or reengineer Access databases,
Strong analytical, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
Ability to adapt to a fluid work environment and changing needs and priorities
Background in implementation of re-engineering or innovation initiatives
Skilled in effective, clear and persuasive oral and written communications
To Apply: Please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ and Search Taxi & Limousine job id #340998
Minimum Education Required