9000 Rockville Pike
Heart disease: the #1 killer of both men and women in the United States. Utilize your experience in administrative management to help us solve this—and other public health issues—by joining the Cellular and Molecular Therapeutics Branch (CMTB) within the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute at the National Institutes of Health!
We utilize state-of-the art scientific technologies and cutting-edge clinical research to make an impact on the lives of patients with sickle cell disease and other genetic diseases of the blood system to improve outcomes for patients being treated with bone marrow stem cell transplantation and novel gene and cell therapies.
All About You
- You’re a self-motivated supporter, who offers exceptional customer service and routinely goes the extra mile.
- You thrive with collaboration, communication, candor, and keeping others on track.
- You’re a natural problem-solver who uses your critical thinking skills, good judgment, and common sense to determine when to escalate or handle tasks on your own.
- You establish relationships easily and use others within your team as resources to get the job done. You work just as well independently as you do with others.
- You function well under duress and can adeptly navigate tough timelines, bold personalities, and critical situations with resiliency and positivity.
- You’re a self-starter and take initiative on projects without being asked. You can hold your own and confidently handle tasks under limited supervision and/or direction.
- You take pride in your administrative prowess: you’re organized, adaptable, communicative, and excellent at prioritizing challenging deadlines and tasks.
- You are innovative and efficient in generating quality work product.
About the Position
We're seeking you to serve on a team of individuals who are tasked with supporting all of the administrative needs of the Cellular and Molecular Therapeutics Branch, which is a collection of labs, lead investigators, and researchers. As such, we want you to support, collaborate, and provide excellent service to scientific leaders in the field of biomedical research. We need someone who can stretch, flex, adapt, and learn; someone who can be assertive and respectful; and someone who thrives on working together with a team to find answers and solve problems to ensure the very best in administrative support and service is provided to our scientists. To do so, you'll:
- Work harmoniously with administrative staff who support the operations of the branch; report to and receive guidance from the CMTB staff assistant.
- Schedule, organize, and craft agendas/presentations/handouts for meetings; manage the Outlook calendar of assigned scientists.
- Organize, maintain, and update physical and electronic files; ensure that all files are easily accessible to others.
- Assist in coordinating special projects and meetings on behalf of senior leadership.
- Build travel itineraries for scientists and visiting guests; prepare all documents related to local, domestic, and outside activity travel.
- Process equipment and supply order requests
- Prepare HR packages for personnel appointments and renewals; obtain required documentation from appointees as necessary (i.e. immigration paperwork, degree, reference letters, etc.).
- Keep current on NIH operational policies and procedures.
- Serve as the central timekeeper for assigned staff.
- No less than 2 years of professional experience;
- Preferred BS or BA degree in any field, or additional 3 years of experience necessary;
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills;
- Resilient personality with a high level of social skills to deal effectively and persuasively with all levels of an organization;
- Ability to multitask and manage time in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This full-time, contract position is located on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland and is bus/bicycle/metro accessible. We offer all mandatory training needed to understand the federal processes, policies, and systems involved in this role. Some additional details are:
- Employment type: contract, full-time
- Salary: based on education/experience
- Benefits: a selection of health and wellness benefits are available
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and we actively prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, women, and people who are differently-abled to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'CMTB Program Specialist'.