Oversee the implementation, administration, and maintenance of critical information security infrastructure in support of ESD’s business requirements. Applicant must possess a proficient knowledge of current Information and Cybersecurity standards as well as network infrastructure technologies and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Design, deploy, administrate, and troubleshoot network security solutions
· Perform vulnerability and penetration tests on endpoints and information systems and mitigate risk
· Monitor network traffic and security solutions for suspicious behavior and troubleshoot / escalate issues as needed
· Perform Forensic analysis on suspicious network behavior and potentially compromised systems
· Manage ESD’s SIEM solutions
· Manage Firewall solutions
· Manage ESD’s IPS, DDoS and Application Delivery solutions
· Oversee ESD’s Data Encryption Services solution
· Oversee ESD’s patch management solution and apply application, endpoint, server and security appliance critical updates and patches
· Support and administrate ESD’s Next Gen anti-virus solutions
· Oversee ESD’s Secure File Transfer Solution and Treasury secure bank file transmissions
· Oversee and administrate ESD’s MFA and SSO solutions
· Assist with all critical system security requests to include granting or restricting access to ESD’s Financial
Management system, Secure File Transfer Systems, and other critical business systems
· Create and Maintain documentation, flowcharts, diagrams and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for ESD’s Security Infrastructure
· Oversee daily monitoring of critical security infrastructure
· Active member of ESD’s Cybersecurity Incident Response Team
· Collaborate on Cybersecurity policies and Procedures
· Assist ESD’s Help Desk with incident management as directed
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline with minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field; Or a 2-year degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. CISSP certification (currently held or in progress)
Relevant experience required: 3-5 years extensive experience in a Cybersecurity related role. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Palo Alto or other Next Generation Firewalls, Radware IPS, FireEye Security Platform, Secure File Transfer Systems, Encryption Services, Bandwidth Management, Patch Management, VMware.
Knowledge required: Strong proficiency with network security systems with a thorough understanding of current IT security methodology, Cybersecurity best practices, NIST, ISO Cybersecurity Standards and Next Gen Security appliances and firewalls, network systems, equipment and infrastructure, Windows operating systems (Win 10 – Server 2019), VDI infrastructure, security appliances, firewalls, quality of service (QoS) devices, Intrusion Prevention Systems and security policy development. Ability to work with a diverse group of people both technically and functionally as well as communicate at a level appropriate to audience; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Oversee the implementation, administration, and maintenance of critical information security infrastructure in support of ESD’s business requirements. Applicant must possess a proficient knowledge of current…
w/ comprehensive benefits package
w/ comprehensive benefits package