The Anchor Team is looking for an experienced and trauma-informed full time Program Manager to be a part of an innovative and dynamic multidisciplinary team for elders. This position requires managerial experience in order to provide support, collaboration, consultation, and assistance to a small team of talented staff members who serve abused elder and dependent adult clients in San Diego County. This is a short term, non-benefit position which will end in August 2019.
Bachelor or Master’s degree or above from an accredited U.S. college or certified foreign studies equivalency in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Juris Doctorate or a related degree.
- Five years of experience in the field of gerontology, family violence, behavioral health and/or with dependent adults
- Background check and Live Scan clearance required
- Experience with non-profit grant/contract management and reporting procedures
- Two years managerial experience
- Manage and oversee emergency client requests
- Knowledge of mandated reporting laws/procedures and client public serving systems
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Managerial experience
- Time management and organizational skills
- Reliable and Flexible
Job duties include:
- Manage and support a team of talented professionals
- Regularly organize and conduct Anchor Team multidisciplinary meetings
- Responsible for submission of quarterly grants to the Office of the District Attorney
- Regularly review, distribute, and coordinate client referrals
- Maintain client case files
- Participate in leadership, multidisciplinary meetings, and conducts trainings
- Communicate with referring agencies
- Provide updates to leadership
- Travel to home or community of Anchor Team clients as needed
- Assist Anchor Team staff and clients to apply for public services, develop safety plans, shelter/housing programs, food assistance, coordination of care, and healthcare plans
- Provide support/accompaniment to client restraining order clinics, civil and criminal court, and other legal support appointments; as needed
- Ensure empowering, professional relationships with clients to create an atmosphere of empathy, safety, and support.
- Commitment to a diverse workplace. Anchor Team is dedicated to serving clients regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender or religious background.
- This is a new program and the right candidate will be flexible and committed to problem solving around change.
This position does not include benefits; however the contract ends in August 2019, provides competitive hourly compensation and requires 40 hours per week.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide cover letter and resume.