This is a youth development position, which is an approach to working with young people that defines goals (outcomes) based on capacities, strengths and developmental needs of youth. Work involves providing full marketing service to employers and employability services to the youth participating in the Career Connections and YouthWorks Private Sector programs.
· Markets YouthWorks Private Sector programs to employers and develops jobs for in and out-of-school youth served by youth services in both a virtual and in-person setting as applicable.
· Contacts the applicable number of employers either in-person or virtually, as applicable to attain at least (5) new employers per week for the YouthWorks Private Sector program.
· Markets and develops customized training opportunities for YouthWorks Private Sector youth participants and negotiates subsequent contracts and agreements with employers and training vendors for both virtual and in-person work opportunities.
· Arranges job interviews for qualified youth, as well as refers youth to customized training or other appropriate employment activities.
· Coordinates and conducts employer activities (i.e. Job fairs, mass recruitment sessions, job specific pre-screening workshops).
· Assist in preparation and coordination of YouthWorks Private Sector job readiness workshops with the youth either virtually or in-person
· Maintains a posting of current job openings.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with clients, employers, co-workers and representatives of other organizations.
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally an in writing, and to analyze written reports and materials.
· Ability to speak and converse with multiple sized audiences either in-person or virtually as applicable
· Knowledge of the purpose, functions and scope of MOED policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel selection as it is practiced in the public and private sector.
· Ability to interpret, apply and explain Federal laws, regulations, and policies governing MOED programs.
· Ability to make persuasive presentations, and to produce accurate detailed and well documented proposals.
· Must be detailed and organized, and able to work with high proficiency independently when required.
· Proficiency in various virtual communications platforms such as Webex, Zoom, Google Meets and Microsoft teams
· Must be computer literate and familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, or database applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Required Education & Experience:
· Education equivalent to completion of two years of college at an accredited college or university.
· Four years of sales experience or experience in employment, training, or related fields, which require a high degree of marketing the program or services. Preferably two years which are counseling and job placement experience.
· Or, any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience.
· Maryland driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
· Criminal Background Investigation.
· Standard work hours for this position are Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
· Must be willing to use personal vehicle during summer youth temporary assignment for the completion of assigned duties on a daily basis as needed.
· Must be willing to use your personal computer equipment and personal phone equipment as applicable and when required.
· Availability to work evening and weekends as required.
This is a youth development position, which is an approach to working with young people that defines goals (outcomes) based on capacities, strengths and developmental needs of youth. Work involves providing full…