District of Columbia
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI), in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs, may require services of Program Specialists to work on international natural resource projects.
The USFS Office of International Programs promotes sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity conservation and disaster management internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the USFS with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns, as well as improve capacities to respond to major disasters. The USFS regularly engages the agency’s wide range of expertise in over 90 countries, for programs on sustainable forest management, climate change, combatting illegal logging, fire management, improved systems for responding to disasters, and other topics.
The Program Specialist would work to further natural resource management and disaster management globally. Positions would be based in Washington, DC with the USFS Office of International Programs.
Duties may include the following:
· Developing work plans and reports for a variety of partners and stakeholders;
· Organizing travel, logistics, and other administrative tasks;
· Monitoring and reconciling budgets;
· Identifying technical experts to interface with international organizations and individuals; and,
· Participating in technical assignments.
· Ability to work with partners (government, NGO, private sector, academia) is essential;
· Prior experience living/working overseas in a developing country;
· Background in natural resources management and/or in disaster response;
· At least two years of prior administrative experience;
· Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably one of the following: French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian;
· Exceptional attention to detail;
· Strong communication skills; and,
· Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
METI offers a superior employee benefits package to include 401K Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
METI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at: www.meticorp.com
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably one of the following: French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in more than just a job and would like to share in METI’s success, then please submit your resume and cover letter to: IPJobs@meticorp.com.
Please include “Program Specialist” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please indicate where you saw this posting and preferred geographic area(s).