Pre-K Program Evaluation Consultant - NYC Department of Education Division of Early Childhood
52 Chambers Street
Position Summary: The Mayor and the chancellor are committed to providing high quality full-day Pre – K for all 4 year olds in New York City. Research demonstrates that quality Pre-K contributes to student achievement and is associated with other long term benefits. Every student in NYC deserves access to the variety of teaching approaches and strong foundation of skills and knowledge that high-quality Pre-K provides.
The Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) administers Pre-K programs for NYC students in public elementary schools, NYCDOE Pre-K Centers, and New York City Early Education Centers (NYEECs). DECE provides families access to high quality early childhood options that prepare their children for academic success and the skills to lead a successful life. Working together with families and programs, DECE ensures that children are engaged, nurtured and supported with the tools needed to develop into independent learners and creative problem-solvers.
The Early Childhood Education Program Evaluation Consultant will assist the DECE Policy Team in building and implementing systems and processes for programmatic and operational quality review to ensure high quality across our Early Childhood portfolio.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reports to: The Policy Team, DECE
· Manage and maintain the various databases on an ongoing basis
· Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses on Excel to inform recommendations for contract renewals and other accountability processes
· Develop reports, charts, presentations, and other written communications for programs, DECE field staff, and DECE central staff
· Support the DECE in developing training and meeting materials. Assist with DECE trainings on Early Childhood Education policy and program accountability processes
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Master’s Degree in policy, education, or a related field (preferred)
· At least one year of experience in policy development or program evaluation, preferably in the education sector
· Excellent communication skills to share information effectively and confidently, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external audiences
· Strong analytical skills – ability to organize and present facts and figures in a clear, concise and logical manner, both orally and in writing
· Strong attention to detail – extremely organized, able to work under pressure, and meet frequent and changing deadlines
· Willingness to dive in on new projects wherever needed with enthusiasm and an all-hands-on-deck mentality
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Term of Employment, Reporting Structure, and Pay Rate
The role is a consultancy for approximately 9-12 months, depending on start date. The pay rate for this role is $30-35 an hour (depending on experience) at 35 hours a week and it is not eligible for benefits except for paid sick days.
Minimum Education Required