Field Organizer Job Description
A top-tier Southeastern Pennsylvania State Senate campaign is hiring a Field Organizer to support our grassroots efforts and assist the Campaign Manager and Candidate in day-to-day work and events. Flexible working hours available. Night/weekend availability required. Payroll and health care benefits included.
We are looking for a qualified candidate with the following attributes:
- Organized with incredible attention to detail
- A self-starter and independent but comfortable in a supporting role
- Excellent communication skills, both within the campaign and to the public
- An enthusiastic people person who knows how to keep a room excited
- Strong written and oral skills
- Previous field organizing and/ or campaign experience preferred
- Experience with voter management databases, specifically VAN, a plus
The job duties will include:
- Recruiting and building relationships with volunteers and identifying volunteer leaders both in and out of the district
- Handle volunteer management, including planning volunteer appreciation events
- Planning, prepping for and attending weekly/frequent canvassing and phone banking events
- Potentially coordinating with other local, state and federal campaigns so as to maximize productivity
- Regularly submit status reports to the Campaign Manager
- Database entry and upkeep
- Staffing the Candidate at events with potential volunteers
- Fundraising event planning, organizing, recruiting and overseeing
- Other duties as required
As a former Philadelphia Assistant District Attorney for the last seven years, Tanner woke up every morning and went to work to do the right thing. Eventually working his way up to the prestigious homicide unit, Tanner prided himself on standing with his victims in the courtroom to help them through some of the worst moments of their lives. After the 2016 election, he realized that if he really wanted to do all he could to fight the discriminatory systems we have in place, he needed to do more, which is why he is running for office.
Tanner wants to bring about a more transparent government that provides real solutions for real people. Ensuring that our students are able to receive a high quality and safe public education no matter their zip code, that we are actively working to end the opioid crisis through a focus both on treatment and on providing job training and skills options and finally, that no Pennsylvanian should have to choose between paying their mortgage or rent and caring for a sick loved one, are all top campaign priorities.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Kennedy-Rogers at email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required