Quest Preparatory Academy is a K-8 public charter school in Las Vegas, Nevada. Quest is sponsored by the state of Nevada with a mission to “provide quality instruction and effective tools for learning for students in the Las Vegas Valley.” Founded in 2008, Quest grew rapidly to three campuses serving almost 750 students in grades K-8. In the 2018-19 school year, Quest is undertaking a rapid turnaround to improve outcomes for students and seeks talented educators who are driven to achieve results for students, have a demonstrated urgency to improve student outcomes, and have a “can-do” attitude with a passion and excitement for students.
We are currently recruiting candidates for middle school (English, Math, Science, and Social Studies).
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Teachers at Quest plan, organize, and implement an instructional program that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teachers at Quest are responsible for the following:
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively prepare standards-based lessons that are aligned with the Nevada Academic Content Standards
- Delivering enticing and rigorous instruction that challenge students’ critical thinking and facilitates active learning
- Differentiating instruction to accommodate multiple learning styles and abilities
- Assessing students’ academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods
- Tracking and monitoring assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Using relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations and provides opportunities for all students to experience success
- Maintaining positive, professional relationships with students, families, and colleagues
- Communicating with students, parents, school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
- Keeping comprehensive records on all students
- Participating in before and after school traffic duty, lunch and recess duty, and other duties as assigned
A teaching position at Quest is a full-time, salaried, 10-month position. Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Unwavering commitment to improving student outcomes
- Reflective practitioner who will do “whatever it takes” to move student achievement with a proven track record of student growth in content area(s)
- Demonstrate in-depth content knowledge, use of data-driven practices, and robust instructional strategies
- Creative, dynamic teacher with a passion for diverse students
- B.A./B.S. or M.A. degree in teaching from an accredited institution
- Be eligible for, or possess Nevada certification in teaching and meet any additional professional teacher education requirements of the school, district, and state
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to apply to the Middle School Teacher position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer. Quest does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.