795 Massachusetts Avenue
The Professional Development Community Coordinator reports to the Agenda for Children Out of School Time (AFCOST) Co-Director. Coordinating and supporting a team of facilitators and trainers, the Coordinator oversees the delivery of professional development activities for approximately 60 Out of School Time programs with 400 staff who work with 2,500 Cambridge children and youth.
The mission of the AFCOST Initiative is to organize, catalyze and support the youth-serving community in Cambridge for the shared purpose of increasing equity, access and innovation and sustaining the highest quality of opportunities and experiences for all children, youth and families. www.agendaforchildrenost.org
We are seeking a collaborative self-starter who has demonstrated an understanding of how children and youth are affected by social inequities and how to address these impacts. The incumbent must have the ability to see the big picture and be innovative and thoughtful in their approach. Our ideal candidate has a passion for improving the lives of children through inspirational support of the adults who work with them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate Professional Development programs available to all OST professionals including:
- Monthly Communities of Practice (CoPs)- contract with facilitators, facilitate quarterly meetings with facilitators, manage content strands and connection across CoPs.
- Annual week-long OST Symposium- assess needs and interests, recruit volunteer presenters from within OST Community, assign coaches to presenters to support content and engagement, manage content strands for mix of 24 workshops and oversee operations symposium week.
- Seasonal Leading for Quality Training- determine content offerings of 20+ trainings, contract with trainers, facilitate quarterly meetings with trainers.
- Coordinate room bookings, scheduling, food and supplies, outreach, on-going communication with OST community and evaluation data gathering for professional development activities.
- Manage promotions and registration for all professional development activities including, maintenance and upkeep of SCHED, an on-line registration system, AFCOST website, google calendar and distribution list of 400+ individual OST professionals.
- Coordinate attendance recordkeeping for all professional development activities including ensuring data is uploaded into online TRACK system, conducting annual review of records, and preparing presentations of reports to 60+ OST organizations.
- Supervise part-time staff member including, hiring, on-boarding and supervision.
- Attend monthly communications meetings, produce a monthly Professional Development Newsletter, contribute to social media and blogs/stories and coordinate direct email for a variety of AFCOST communications efforts.
- Participate as a member of the AFCOST Core Group and act as a bridge to AFCOST Full Group by attending bi-monthly meetings, providing vision and leadership for Professional Development System, and ensuring that the collective mission and goals of AFCOST are supported and connected.
- Work with Impact and Evaluation Advisor as needed. Innovate and build-out existing work.
- Stay current with local and national trends in the Out of School Time field.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in related field or 8+ years’ work experience in professional development and/or out of school time education
- Demonstrated understanding of professional development best practices and communications strategies
- Experience in youth development
- Demonstrated ability to work with upper level management and manage consultant relationships
- Experience with project management including planning, organizing, problem solving and managing multiple projects concurrently with attention to detail
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Suite and other software/applications that will help meet work demands
RATE: $32.14 hour + excellent benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 11/09/18. Position is Considered Open Until Filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.