601 Black Bears Way
<img src="//:0" alt="LogoFNL" height="211" width="148">
Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc.
601 black bears way, tuscaloosa, alabama 35401-4807
telephone (205) 752-5429
toll free (855) 211-0950
facsimile (205) 758-7229
Cynthia W. Burton
November 5, 2018
Title: Housing Counseling Supervisor
Location: CSP Administration - Housing Division
Employment Classification: Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Non-Safety-Sensitive
Summary of the Position: See Attached Job Description
Qualifications of the Position: See Attached Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities: See Attached Job Description
Salary and Application Procedures: This position is classified as a Grade Level IV position on the CSP salary scale with a salary range of $25,152 to $38,720 annually. Current employees may apply by submitting a letter of interest along with and updated employment application. Other interested applicants may apply by submitting a completed employment application obtained from the website at www.cspwal.com or by contacting the Human Resources department of CSP at (205) 752-5429 to request an application. Completed and signed applications may be submitted in person, by mail or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: Monday, November 19, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, handicap status, age, or national origin. CSP maintains a Drug Free Workplace Policy and the applicant is subject to pre-employment and random alcohol and drug testing. CSP operates a licensed children facility and applicants will be subject to criminal history background checks. CSP is an E-verify Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.
Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc.
Position Title: Housing Counseling Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Housing
Employment Classification: Regular Full-time, Non-Exempt, Non-Safety-Sensitive
Salary Scale: Grade Level IV, $25,152 - $38,720 annually
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Housing Counseling Supervisor is responsible to the Director of Housing for managing the Housing Counseling Program administered in the six-county service area. In addition, the position provides information and referral services to consumers, partners, and area consumer groups relating to all Agency programs.
Essential duties and responsibilities: other duties may be assigned by the supervisor
- Manage all aspects of the Housing Counseling Program including, but not limited to, providing services, training, audit of files, and guidance to county coordinators to ensure compliance with HUD regulations and/or other program guidelines;
- Manage NeighborWorksÒ functions including, but not limited to, housing counseling; foreclosure prevention; community development and preparation of all NeighborWorksÒ production reports; and coordination of all NeighborWorksÒ week activities;
- Implement Homebuyer’s Education classes in Tuscaloosa and monitor homebuyer education activities in outlying counties;
- Conduct activities to recruit potential homeowners, including housing fairs, publicity of housing activities and other marketing techniques; Conduct assessments and activities that determine and build credit status capacity of potential homeowners including credit repair counseling, and pre- and post-purchasing counseling;
- Work with homeowner applicants in assigned counties to produce credit-building plans with milestones and timelines;
- Report housing activities;
- Supervise 7 staff related to performance of housing duties, including assigning housing duties and evaluating performance of housing duties;
- Conduct outreach and referrals and maintain accurate records on these activities;
- Submit monthly activity reports concerning client-related activities and outreach/marketing;
- Attend staff and other meetings as necessary;
- As needed, coordinate with various community agencies to provide food items, utility assistance, and hygiene products to needy individuals;
- As needed, complete LIHEAP applications and food referrals for new and existing consumers and provide documentation as required by LIHEAP guidelines and agency procedure;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or Executive Director.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory requirements: Provide direct supervision of 5-8 staff positions for functions related to area of responsibility. Provide full-charge supervision of additional staff positions assigned to Housing Counseling.
Education and Experience:
¨ Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in related Human Service field: Sociology, Social Work; OR
¨ Three to Five years’ experience in Social Services or related field is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
¨ Valid Driver’s License with liability insurance.
¨ Serviceable automobile.
¨ Ability to communicate to diverse populations.
¨ Ability to effectively present information to clients, community partners, and potential partners.
¨ Ability to communicate in large and small group settings.
¨ Ability to compute simple math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
¨ Ability to use fractions and percentages.
¨ Ability to analyze problems confronted by program participants.
¨ Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
¨ Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff members and program participants.
¨ Regular and predictable attendance.
¨ Solid working knowledge of current productivity software programs.
¨ Knowledge of CSP programs and services.
¨ Sensitivity to multi-racial and multi-cultural issues.
¨ Ability to develop rapport quickly and easily.
¨ Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
¨ Ability to meet deadlines.
¨ Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities previously mentioned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision to operate a motor vehicle. Frequent driving is required. Extensive writing is required and extended periods on the phone is customary. Multiple demands from several people are frequently required of the employee. The ability to write, read, listen, and speak is required of this employee.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is variable in the work environment. Work is performed indoors and outdoors. The employee is expected to operate a computer, telephone and personal automobile.
The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
Created: March 1, 2008
Revised: October 30, 2008
Revised: January 31, 2014
Reviewed by Board of Directors 12/3/2015
Reviewed by Board of Directors 01.19.2017
Reviewed by Board of Directors 03.15.2018
$50,000 Life Insurance Policy - Employer paid
Medical - BC/BS
Dental - Principal
Vision - VSP
Optional Insurance/Employee paid - STD, Critical Care, Universal Life, Hospital, Accidental
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a completed employment application obtained from the website at www.cspwal.com or by contacting the Human Resources department of CSP at (205) 752-5429 to request an application. Completed and signed applications may be submitted in person, by mail or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.