Fathers' Uplift Inc.
Fathers’ Uplift works to assist fathers in overcoming barriers (financial barriers, addiction barriers, oppressive barriers, emotional barriers and traumatic barriers) that prevent them from remaining engaged in their children’s lives. Fathers have a powerful and positive impact upon the development and health of children. Fathers' Uplift is here to help each father reach their potential for themselves and the children in their lives. We uplift fathers and strengthen families nationwide through service, love, and encouragement.
Fathers’ Uplift aims to:
- Provides fathers with a safe space to spend time with their children in a stress free setting.
- Support agencies in developing creative ways to increase male engagement and create a father friendly environment.
- Address fathers’ concerns about poverty and the importance of their roles in the life of their family through supportive groups, psycho-educational support, and professional development that promote self-advocacy.
- Engage in research and advocacy that render solutions on ways to engage fathers in the lives of their children.
- Celebrate fathers and encourage others to do so.
Everyone has the potential to be a good parent. Emotional scars and systemic oppression, however, diminishes that potential. And we protect ourselves the best way we know how. Often times, we see fathers, remaining disengaged. Our uplifting duty requires us to pick our fathers up from the pits of despair and assist them in regaining every ounce of confidence they possessed before they encountered these barriers. We are obligated to help fathers overcome. We pride ourselves on being servants.