Coalition for Clean Water
6538 Libby Road Northeast
The Coalition for Clean Water (CCW) is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as its next Executive Director who demonstrates the energy and passion that will help shape the future of wastewater and stormwater utilities in Washington. This position is instrumental to the development of forward thinking and sustainable policies and regulations that will help our utilities continue to lead in serving our communities.
The Coalition is a 30-year old collaboration between municipal agencies to represent wastewater and stormwater interests in Washington State and is operated as a 501(c)(6) organization. Membership includes the cities of Bremerton, Everett, Lynnwood, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, and Vancouver; as well as King, Pierce, and Spokane Counties; the Lakehaven Utility District, and the LOTT Clean Water Alliance. The mission of the CCW is to promote the cost-effective use of public funds for the greatest protection of public health and the environment. To achieve this mission, the Coalition will facilitate a partnership between State and local governments that supports clean water and community growth; promotes enhanced funding; and results in reasonable, economically sound, science-based regulation.
The Coalition and its new Executive Director will address a wide array of critical statewide issues in the coming years, including but not limited to:
· Toxics reduction in the water environment
· Nutrient reduction from both point and non-point sources
· Use of reclaimed water
· Policies and regulations regarding beneficial use of biosolids
· Combined sewer overflow control and integrated planning
· Impacts of climate change on infrastructure
· State funding for water infrastructure (including wastewater, reclaimed water, and stormwater)
· Changing water regulations (including wastewater, reclaimed water, and stormwater)
Do you work for Coalition for Clean Water? Become an administrator