Details at a Glance
Financial Aid AvailableYes
The School of Nursing and Health Professions at the University of San Francisco advances the mission of the university by preparing health professionals to address the determinants of health, promote policy and advocacy and provide a moral compass to transform health care in order to further equity and positively influence quality, delivery, and access.
A few added benefits to our program:
- Small classes and taught by experienced faculty - most with doctorates (research and practice), and many who currently practice in clinical settings.
- From day one, students develop the skills they need to work successfully in inter and intra-professional teams.
- gain clinical and practical experience in more than 200 of the Bay Area’s top healthcare organizations
The School of Nursing and Health Professions offers several degree programs with varying concentrations. Degree programs include:
- Master of Public Health (MPH) - program that helps students identify and assess health needs of underserved populations in their communities and around the world, with an emphasis on preventative strategies and practices. Our mission is to promote community engagement, professional collaborations, evidence-based practice, and public health advocacy as well as improve the health of local and global populations, particularly the underserved and vulnerable, through innovative and inspired research, service, and teaching that is grounded in the education of the whole person to be a change agent who strives for excellence in all pursuits. Concentrations are available in Community and Public Health Practice, Health Policy Leadership and Behavioral Health.
- Master of Science in Digital Health Informatics (MSDHI) - Prepares students for careers in digital healthcare, including mobile health, digital therapeutics, telehealth, and the application of advanced analytics to healthcare. We seek self-motivated leaders, aspiring intra and entrepreneurs, career changers, clinicians, and health professionals with or without clinical backgrounds who desire a digital health informatics foundation.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) - Master's Entry - prepares students for licensure as RNs
- Master of Science in Nursing - RN to MSN - emphasizes nursing leadership, quality and safety, and evidence-based practice.
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) - This APA accredited on contingency program prepares students to become health service psychologists who work in a variety of community health settings with underserved populations.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): - prepares registered nurses (RNs) with a Bachelor’s or Masters degree to take on greater leadership roles. The curriculum combines nursing, business, informatics and health care administration coursework with advanced practice in clinical settings. Tracks available in: Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Population Health Leadership and Executive Leadership
- Certified Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of RN License - required for nursing programs
- GRE - required for the PsyD program
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 - required for PsyD and DNP programs
- Statement of Purpose
Admission to our graduate programs is based on an overall appraisal of the applicant's preparedness for graduate-level study. Employment background, previous academic coursework and preparedness, research interests, and long-term professional goals are all factors that are considered as part of admission.
Deadlines vary by program
What Our Students Say
I chose USF for it's values and focus of social justice and building public health leaders. In addition, the flexibility of the hybrid program allows me to work full-time and get face to face interaction with instructors and classmates.Serafina Angulo-Morada, Master of Public Health (MPH) ‘19
I chose USF for it's values and focus of social justice and building public health leaders. In addition, the flexibility of the hybrid program allows me to work full-time and get face to face interaction with instructors and classmates.
Tuition & Financial Aid
- Work-study Programs Available
- Financial Aid Available
- Application Fee Waivers Available