Details at a Glance
Financial Aid AvailableYes
Since 1938, NYU Wagner has been educating the world’s future public service leaders. We offer a Master of Public Administration in Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy, Master of Public Administration in Health Policy & Management, Master of Urban Planning, Master of Health Administration, Master of Science in Health Law and Strategy (a degree jointly conferred by NYU Law and NYU Wagner), Master of Science in Public Policy, Executive Master of Public Administration, Advanced Certificates, Non-Degree options, and a PhD in Public Administration.
Our faculty’s research changes the way people frame, understand, and act on important public issues. We provide our students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer, and a deep understanding of the context surrounding public service challenges—which they use to improve cities and communities across the globe.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Online Application
- Personal Statement, Optional Video Essay
- Standardized Test Scores - only required for admission to the MSPP and PhD programs
- TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable)
Total Students867 Students
- Students from 37 countries
- Average age: 30 (42 for Executive Program)
- Average years of work experience: 4 (13 for Executive Program)
- Enrollment status: 50% full-time, 50% part-time (62% of students graduate in 2 years; and 92% graduate in 4 years)
- Degree program breakdown: MPA-PNP 46%; MPA-HPAM 15%; MUP 12%; EMPA 6%; PhD 2%; MSPP 1%; 19% Online MHA
Clubs & Associations
NYU Wagner's 24 student groups provide academic, social, and professional programming.
Click here to see a full list and to learn more.
NYU Wagner alumni work in public and nonprofit management, healthcare, urban planning, policy analysis, public finance, financial management, and international development. In local, national, and international arenas, NYU Wagner alumni play significant roles redeveloping communities, advocating for social justice, and providing vital health and human services.
2021 MPA/MUP/MHA Employment Statistics
Employment rate after 10 months:
Employed: 98.3%; Seeking Employment: 0.9%; Continuing Education: 0.9%
Graduates work in all sectors, with over half at nonprofits:
Nonprofit/NGO: 57.1%; Private: 24.3%; Local Government: 10.6%; Federal Government: 4.0%; State Government: 4.0%
2021 graduates work around the globe:
A majority of graduates are working in the US: California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia
Many graduates are working outside of the US: Canada, Chile, China, France, Ghana, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
Alumni from all degree programs earn, on average, a 36% increase in salary after graduating*
* Includes data from the 37 graduates who provided both their current annual salary and last annual salary prior to enrolling at Wagner for full-time positions.
Tuition & Financial Aid
- Work-study Programs Available
- Financial Aid Available
- Application Fee Waivers Available