Details at a Glance
Hiram College Master of Art degree in interdisciplinary studies allows students to focus on the content area of their choice and explore how it intersects with other disciplines. They will gain a rich understanding of their profession and become a content expert in their field. A student can complete the MAIS program in two years or five semesters by starting the program in the fall and taking two courses per semester, including the summers.
Program breakdown (30 credit hours total)
- Three core interdisciplinary courses (9 hours)
- Discipline-based coursework (12 hours)
- Proposal development and capstone project (9 hours)
This degree is ideal for adult learners from a variety of professional backgrounds. Taking classes from the humanities, natural sciences and social sciences, when combined with a capstone research experience, is excellent preparation for those wishing to enhance their professional opportunities and to enrich their understanding of a complex and rapidly changing world.
- An official copy of their transcript with this form included.
- Two letters of recommendation with this form included.
- A writing sample: written in the last 5 years. We recommend choosing a paper that is 3-5 pages in length, double-spaced, 12 point font.
- A personal essay explaining why you’d like to attend Hiram College. The essay should be 2-4 pages in length.
May 1st is the deadline to apply.
Clubs & Associations
More than 40+ on-campus student activities and organizations.