Details at a Glance
Grounded in its social justice heritage, Pacific Oaks College prepares students to be culturally intelligent agents of change serving diverse communities in the fields of human development, education, and related family studies. Central to the Quaker tradition and history of Pacific Oaks is the value we place on the individual. This translates into core values we live by at Pacific Oaks of People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making.
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we’d like to hear from you!
The Development Associate provides vital support for all Pacific Oaks fundraising initiatives. The Development Associate is a motivated collaborator, organized, able to work independently, and enjoys the great satisfaction of completing a complex project on time. The Development Associate works with the Director of Institutional Development, the Finance Department, Marketing and Public Relations Department, affiliate’s Advancement team, Children’s School and the President’s Office in various instances.
This position reports directly to the Director of Institutional Development and is located in the offices of Pacific Oaks College in Pasadena.
Gift Processing and Donor Recognition
- Process check, cash, and credit card donations,
- Track all in-kind donations and draft acknowledgement letters,
- Ensure accuracy of donor lists and assist with donor recognition.
- Ensure accuracy of all donor and prospect records including those for individuals, corporations, foundations, government entities, and planned giving donors,
- Establish and maintain data entry protocols,
- Accurately enter and update donor records,
- Proactively gather and enter biographic information on donors and prospects.
- Report on donations and campaign progress through queries in Raiser’s Edge,
- Customize donation reports for various constituencies including PO management, the Board of Trustees, and foundations.
- Keep printed, web, and other communications content current,
- Draft and assist with distribution of external and internal newsletters, announcements, and event invitations,
- Develop and assist with the implementation of strategies to improve organizational visibility including outreach via Constant Contact and social media.
- Coordinate annual schedules for scholarship deadlines and activities,
- Report and track available funds,
- Track online applications and answer student inquiries during the application process,
- Manage Scholarship Committee meetings and follow-up,
- Distribute award announcements and follow-up.
- Assist event committee meetings,
- Recruit and recognize sponsors,
- Coordinate with vendors and ensure payment of vendors,
- Implement fundraising elements into events,
- Be part of the event management and onsite execution
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- The Development Associate must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Calendars, Excel, and Word.
- The Development Associate works with a variety of software including Raiser’s Edge, Ariett, Concur, First Data, and Seamless. Familiarity with one or more of these is helpful. Training will be provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising or administrative support
- Due to the nature of special events, ability to work some weekends and evenings is required
- Some travel within the Greater LA area may be needed
*Please include a cover letter with your application. Your cover letter should note your experience and explain a time when your attention to detail was vital.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Details at a glance
What Our Students Say
I'm coming back because I wasn't going to let anything stop me this time from finishing. I needed a break because I had lost my sister and my mom and I couldn't function at a point. So it was like this is it you have to finish this you have to finish this for yourself.Lynette Green, Marriage and Family Therapy ‘19
I'm coming back because I wasn't going to let anything stop me this time from finishing. I needed a break because I had lost my sister and my mom and I couldn't function at a point. So it was like this is it you have to finish this you have to finish this for yourself.