Details at a Glance
In the one-year program based in San Francisco, you’ll benefit from our deep connections with Bay Area companies at the forefront of the Big Data revolution.
UC Davis MSBAs are in high demand. The program is ranked No. 6 worldwide for value for money and among the top 10 MSBA programs in the U.S. See our placement report here.
The program has 44 units of graduate courses, including a practicum project course that spans the entirety of the program.
We emphasize learning-by-doing and teamwork on a year-long analytics project for a corporate sponsor.
- Blends data science skills with business knowledge and organizational savvy.
- Recognizes and leverages the importance of a diverse set of skills in analytics work, by admitting students based on leadership in a salient skill set (quantitative analysis, computing, business experience or organizational effectiveness) and bringing them together in teams with leaders who have complementary strengths.
- Emphasizes learning-by-doing and teamwork through a live analytics project with a corporate sponsor and faculty mentors. Integrated with your studies, the project scope runs from opportunity identification, to problem structuring, to solution, persuasion and implementation.
- Inspires learning from student peers with backgrounds in analytics and humanistic disciplines, graduates and mid-career professionals, from the U.S. and abroad.
- Unique close-knit community: Collaborate with people from all over the world who will challenge you to be your best self.
- Partners in Career Development: We provide tools and strategies for long-term career success. Our Career Development team also works with you to pinpoint companies where you want to make your mark, think about how to strategically position and market yourself, and promote you directly to them.
Round 1: October 14, 2020
Round 2: November 18, 2020
Round 3*: January 13, 2021
Round 4: March 10, 2021
*priority admissions deadline for scholarship consideration and international applicants
Clubs & Associations
At the Graduate School of Management, students also pour their energy into activities—they work hard and play hard. Students participate in intramural sports, organize a regional hackathon, hold networking events, volunteer in the community and run student clubs.
As a Master of Science in Business Analytics student, you’ll feel the energy and the camaraderie the moment that you arrive for orientation. You’ll meet dynamic classmates, staff and faculty who will get to know you by name.
You’ll thrive in the global innovation hub of San Francisco and Silicon Valley, networking with trailblazers who are pushing the envelope on business analytics and data-driven decision making.
What Our Students Say
The Graduate School of Management team was very supportive. They took care of us before we started classes. I was originally attracted to the year-long practicum team project. This was the perfect place to build those skills and lead a team." Read Q&A with Abhinav at AmazonAbhinav Chatterji, Master of Science in Business Analytics ‘19
I chose the UC Davis MSBA program because it helps bridge the gap between business and technology—a gap that is prevalent throughout the industry." Read Jacqueliene's blogJacqueliene Ngo, Master of Science in Business Analytics ‘20
The Graduate School of Management team was very supportive. They took care of us before we started classes. I was originally attracted to the year-long practicum team project. This was the perfect place to build those skills and lead a team." Read Q&A with Abhinav at Amazon
I chose the UC Davis MSBA program because it helps bridge the gap between business and technology—a gap that is prevalent throughout the industry." Read Jacqueliene's blog