Details at a Glance
The Portland State University School of Social Work is the only public MSW degree offered in Oregon accredited by CSWE.
At Portland State University’s School of Social Work, you will find passionate and forward-thinking colleagues and collaborative, inclusive faculty committed to building a socially just and equitable future for all. Our nationally recognized teaching and research faculty will help unlock your potential and prepare you to work with individuals, families, communities, and organizations. Study in the heart of downtown Portland, or enroll in one of our many program options around the state or online.
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Explore MSW Admission Requirements by Clicking Here
Additional MSW Applicant Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with a Liberal Arts foundation from an accredited college, university or equivalent
- Advanced Standing applicants must have a BSW degree within the past five years from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- TOEFL scores if your undergraduate degree was not received from a U.S. college or university. See English Language Proficiency Requirements
- List of every college or university you attended and a scanned copy of an unofficial transcript from each institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA requirement: To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent or a graduate GPA of 3.0.
January 4, 2023
Location & Contact