Details at a Glance
Financial Aid AvailableYes
The University of Strathclyde is a world-leading technological university located in the heart of Glasgow – one of the UK’s largest cities. With more than 23,000 students from over 100 countries, the University of Strathclyde is a vibrant and welcoming place for students from all backgrounds.
Established in 1796 and deemed as ‘the place of useful learning,' the University of Strathclyde remains committed to research, teaching and being of benefit to society. Each of our four faculties – Science, Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences and Strathclyde Business School – work closely with industry, government and policy-makers.
We reach outside the University to make society better educated, prosperous, healthy, fair and secure, through excellence in research, education, knowledge exchange and creative engagement with partner organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
Practical work and internships integrated in many of our courses ensure our graduates are ready for the workplace. With more than 7,000 graduate students opting for a one-year Masters programme, or a three-year PhD, we have something to suit everyone.
We are home to four faculties:
· Humanities and Social Sciences
· Strathclyde Business School
Our Rankings and Accolades
Strathclyde constantly strives to be at the forefront of academic performance, ensuring our students and academics benefit from thriving in a first-class environment:
· Almost 90% of our research is world-leading or internationally-excellent according to REF 2021
· 13 top 10 subjects in the Complete University Guide 2023
· Recipient of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2019 & 2021 – the highest award attainable in our sector
· UK University of the Year (2012 & 2019, Times Higher Education)
· Scottish University of the Year, 2020 (The Times & The Sunday Times)
· Strathclyde Business School holds triple accreditation from the three main business school accreditation bodies – AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB - and is home to our flagship one-year MBA course
· Our Faculty of Engineering is the largest in Scotland, offering over 40 courses across 8 departments
· We rank 8 out of 103 UK Law Schools in the 2021 Complete University Guide. We offer LLB and one-year specialist LLM Master’s courses. The Law School is also home to our award-winning and student-led Law Clinic.
· We are rank number 1 for Social Policy and top 10 in the UK for Communication and Media Studies (Complete University Guide 2021)
· Our MSc Information and Library Studies is ranked as one of the top 50 library and information management schools in the world (QS, 2018)
· We are 2nd in the UK for Forensic Science (Complete University Guide 2023)
·Glasgow and Scotland
The University of Strathclyde is located in the city centre of Glasgow, one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic cities. There’s never been a more exciting time to study in Glasgow, with Time Out Index voting Glasgow the 4th best city in the world in 2022. Students can enjoy some of the most exciting arts and cultural events in the world as Glasgow is home to some of the finest art galleries and museums. A UNESCO City of Music, Glasgow also has one of the most famous music scenes in the world.
Living and studying in Glasgow is a unique experience as with two international airports so close by, we are easily accessible – in fact, it takes only one hour by plane to reach London. Additionally, our campus is only a 10-minute to main bus and train stations, with domestic and UK-wide links. A great base from which to travel, we are only a short journey from the beautiful landscape of the Trossachs and the Highlands.
- Certified Academic Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International student deadline: 30th June before September start.
Total Students23,000 Students
Clubs & Associations
Strath Union promotes, represents and supports students throughout their time at Strathclyde. Here, you can find our about clubs and societies, social and cultural events, and get access to help, advice and support:
Strathclyde Sport is a £31million state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the health and wellbeing of our staff and students:
What Our Students Say
Feeling welcomed into the department made Strathclyde an easy choice over other programmes where I did not get that same treatment. The idea of being in such a diverse city that is easy to travel to and from also made Strathclyde the choice for me.Rebecca Romero, MSc Subsea and Pipeline Engineering ‘19
Feeling welcomed into the department made Strathclyde an easy choice over other programmes where I did not get that same treatment. The idea of being in such a diverse city that is easy to travel to and from also made Strathclyde the choice for me.
Tuition & Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Available