Details at a Glance
Established in 1796 as a place of ‘useful learning,' the University of Strathclyde remains committed to research, teaching and being of benefit to society. We reach outside the University to make society better educated, prosperous, healthy, fair and secure, through excellence in research, education, knowledge exchange and creative engagement with partner organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
Practical work and internships integrated in many of our courses ensure our graduates are ready for the workplace. With more than 7,000 graduate students opting for a one-year Masters programme, or a three-year PhD, we have something to suit everyone.
We are home to four faculties:
· Humanities and Social Sciences
· Strathclyde Business School
Strathclyde constantly strives to be at the forefront of academic performance, ensuring our students and academics benefit from thriving in a first-class environment:
· We rank 8 out of 103 UK Law Schools in the 2021 Complete University Guide. We offer LLB and one-year specialist LLM Master’s courses. The Law School is also home to our award-winning and student-led Law Clinic.
· Strathclyde Business School holds triple accreditation from the three main business school accreditation bodies – AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB - and is home to our flagship one-year MBA course.
· We are rank number 1 for Social Policy and top 10 in the UK for Communication and Media Studies (Complete University Guide 2021)
· Our MSc Information and Library Studies is ranked as one of the top 50 library and information management schools in the world (QS, 2018)
· We are 1st in the UK for Forensic Science (Complete University Guide 2021)
· Our Faculty of Engineering is the biggest in Scotland, offering over 40 Masters courses from 8 departments, from Sustainable, Renewable and Environmental to Biomedical Engineering and Architecture. 4 of our Engineering subject areas are top 5 in the UK, with 2 in the top 10 in the UK (Complete University Guide 2021)
Glasgow and Scotland
The University of Strathclyde campus is in the centre of Glasgow, one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic cities. There’s never been a more exciting time to study in Glasgow, with the New York Times naming Glasgow as one of its top destinations to visit in 2018. Students can enjoy some of the most exciting arts and cultural events in the world, and Glasgow is identified with innovative architecture and design. A UNESCO City of Music, Glasgow has one of the most famous music scenes in the world, with an average of 120 gigs per week taking place in the city.
Living and studying in Glasgow is a unique experience; with two international airports, Glasgow is only one hour’s flight from London. Our campus is only a 10-minute to main bus and train stations, with domestic and UK-wide links. A great base from which to travel, we are only a short journey from the beautiful landscape of the Trossachs and the Highlands.
International student deadline: 30th June before September start.
Clubs & Associations
Strath Union promotes, represents and supports students throughout their time at Strathclyde. Here, you can find our about clubs and societies, social and cultural events, and get access to help, advice and support:
Strathclyde Sport is a £31million state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the health and wellbeing of our staff and students:
What Our Students Say
Feeling welcomed into the department made Strathclyde an easy choice over other programmes where I did not get that same treatment. The idea of being in such a diverse city that is easy to travel to and from also made Strathclyde the choice for me.Rebecca Romero, MSc Subsea and Pipeline Engineering ‘19
Feeling welcomed into the department made Strathclyde an easy choice over other programmes where I did not get that same treatment. The idea of being in such a diverse city that is easy to travel to and from also made Strathclyde the choice for me.