Details at a Glance
Financial Aid AvailableYes
Smith College School for Social Work offers a single focus on clinical social work education that integrates comprehensive educational theories, skills and practices of clinical social work.
Our low-residency program alternates concentrated summers of rigorous on-campus education in Northampton, MA with off-site training from September to April at leading clinical or research sites around the country.
Our post-graduate Professional Education offerings take it a step further, keeping you on the cutting edge of clinical social work through a variety of online coursework designed to fit your schedule and the “new normal.”
Smith SSW encourages applications from people of all genders and backgrounds.
Go beyond traditional practice with Smith SSW.
- Certified Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation: 3
- Field Placement Form
- Detailed resume
- Essay Questions
- TOEFL/IELTS (required for international applicants)
Five College Circle of Scholars Deadline: November 30
Non-Binding Early Decision Deadline: January 5
Final Application Deadline: February 21
Deadline: February 21
There are a number of application fee waivers available. Five College applicants have their application fees waived automatically. Additionally, all graduate school fairs, conferences, and on-campus information sessions will have individual waiver codes that attendees may use.
Finally, if you have a situation or hardship that prevents you from being able to pay the application fee, please email the Senior Associate Director to request a fee waiver and provide a brief explanation of the circumstances surrounding your request.
Total Students125 Students
- Faculty to student ratio is 1::4
- Students of Color: 24%
- Students age ranges from 22 to 63, with the average being 30
- Entering class ranges from 110 to 130 students
- Approximately 150 agency affiliation for student Field Placement
Clubs & Associations
Through student organizations and groups, the intellectual experience of students is broadened to encompass ideas which enrich and extend the Smith curriculum.
Tuition & Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Available
- Application Fee Waivers Available
- Financial Aid Provided by SSW - $3,100 - $30,000 grant aid per 12 month period.
- Generous merit scholarships available ranging from $6,000 - $30,000
- FAFSA required.
- any student that qualifies for aid receives a monthly Living Stipend of $300/month