31 Saint James Avenue
Commongood Careers was founded by nonprofit professionals to provide high-impact recruiting to high-impact nonprofit organizations and socially driven businesses. Our purpose is to support the hiring needs of organizations that are dedicated to tackling today’s most pressing social problems. Because of our clients’ ambitious goals, we work hard to ensure that they are able to secure the talent they need to create even greater social impact.
Commongood Careers provides retained search services for positions at all levels of an organizational chart and across all functional areas. Using our rigorous search model and vast and growing network, Commongood Careers has placed over 800 talented professionals into exciting positions in more than 300 organizations nationally, such as Tipping Point Community, Summer Search, Net Impact, Center for Effective Philanthropy, Youth Guidance, Third Sector Capital Partners, Health Care Without Harm, Upwardly Global, and Primary Care Development Corporation.
Just as Commongood Careers is passionate about connecting great talent to amazing organizations, we are equally passionate about building, supporting, and challenging our own outstanding team. Grounded in our organizational values of purpose, diversity, respect, accountability, innovation, and fun, the culture of Commongood Careers is most often described as fast-paced, mission-driven, team-oriented, and innovative. We strive to create an environment where colleagues feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves and value opportunities to examine how our own experiences, biases, and privilege play out in our work. Learn more about our results and our team.
Commongood Careers is seeking a highly-driven, smart and collaborative individual to join our team as an Associate Search Consultant (ASC). Working closely with senior organizational leaders on a diverse range of search engagements, the ASC will provide support in screening and assessing candidates while also collecting data, preparing written candidate assessments and reports for client review, and supporting recruitment efforts as necessary. This is an excellent position for someone looking to gain access to innovative and high-impact organizations across the country, as well as experience in strategic search management. The ASC is an integral member of our team and, with success, will have opportunities to grow into different roles within Commongood Careers.
The Associate Search Consultant will be responsible for achieving the following key results:
- At any given time, support a portfolio of 3 - 5 searches by researching client organizations and supporting candidate review and assessment, client management, and recruitment efforts
- Manage multiple projects, working with multiple internal clients, in a deadline-driven environment
- Contribute to the ongoing growth and development of Commongood Careers through building and refining of search tools, processes and other best practices
- Support executive and senior-level organizational leaders with special projects and initiatives, as needed
Participate in candidate review and selection, reviewing resumes / cover letters, scheduling interviews, and helping to prepare candidate materials for review by client hiring managers
- Participate in phone interviews to assess candidates and create comprehensive written assessments to be delivered to clients assessing candidates’ degree of potential fit with the position and organizational culture
- As needed, work collaboratively with Search and Recruitment Team members to support the creation of appealing job postings, develop robust recruitment plans, and craft effective screening rubrics and other search management tools
- Support internal processes related to service delivery and performance measurement, including collecting and manipulating data to support internal performance evaluation
- Utilize interpersonal and relationship-building skills to cultivate strong internal and external relationships that are based on trust, communication and unwaveringly high levels of client service
- Lead or participate in a variety of other special projects identified on an ongoing basis
Level of Language Proficiency
The ideal candidate for the Associate Search Consultant position could come from a variety of professional backgrounds, but will exhibit the following competencies:
- At least 2 years of work experience in a high impact nonprofit and/or socially-driven business
- Belief in the power of people to drive an organization’s mission forward and the desire to connect top talent with high-impact organizations
- An interest in advancing equity and inclusivity within the nonprofit sector
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated competencies in client service, relationship-building and problem-solving
- Outstanding writing skills, with the ability to translate qualitative assessment into analytical writing
- Experience and/or strong interest in recruiting and hiring
- Confidence in self-initiating and self-directing workflow
- Team-player with a results-orientation, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Would you like to apply to this job?