Are you a passionate HR professional, looking to join a dynamic and dedicated team? Do you have experience with HR compliance and serving as a thought partner to managers and leadership? Do you enjoy maintaining strong employee relations and planning engaging staff appreciation events?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Generalist for a Direct Service Nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent, on-site opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Direct Service Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: HR Generalist
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a talented HR professional who is a creative problem solver and is able to manage complex details. The ideal candidate will have leadership transparency, consistency, authenticity, and creativity as their core values. They should possess the ability to build a strong and supportive network across the organization, establish and maintain compliance, while helping the organization continue to build on the unique nature of a dynamic staff culture. This role is for a passionate HR professional who can help find new ways to inspire a team to be their best.
The HR Generalist is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely planning, organization, and co-ordination of the organization’s payroll, benefits, staffing, and HR functions. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the HR Generalist ensures that the HR practices and procedures are current to maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Competitive vacation and personal leave
·Paid holiday leave
· Competitive health benefits for employee and dependents
· A kind, respectful, diverse, and safe culture
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3+ years of employment in a related position within a professional organization.
· Requires a general working knowledge of HR regulations, and compliance measures.
· Working knowledge and hands-on experience of ADP or similar payroll software in a not-for-profit environment is a plus.
· Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a clear and concise professional manner.
· Ability and desire to work as part of a team in a culturally diverse environment.
· Ability to work with deadlines.
· Able to de-escalate a crisis.
· Ability to work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors while maintaining the confidentiality of the Human Resources Department.
·Candidates with DEI experience or training will be prioritized.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Collaborate with staff to maintain and strengthen the caring culture that supports organization’s mission.
·Act as an objective 3rd party in employee counseling, problem-solving or conflict situations and communicate to the Executive Director any circumstances that may raise legal issues for organization.
·Maintaining and updating job descriptions in collaboration with departmental directors and supervisors.
· Act as the organization's head recruiter, administrator, and point of contact for all HR related postings, including prescreening qualified candidates and filling all open staff positions.
· Manage the financial plans for the operating budget including benefits, assisting with payroll, and creating yearly salary survey reports.
· Implement and coordinate staff recognition initiatives.
· Administer and train employees on behalf of Human Resources including but not limited to Employee On-Boarding, benefits, core and organizational culture standards.
· Actively organize and supervise all employee recreation programs including holiday parties, intern parties, monthly all staff meetings, and general staff meetings within the operating budget guidelines.
·Maintain and track all personnel records and ensure all staff complete onboarding and exit paperwork, including policies, background checks, and all other agency onboarding/exit processes.
· Work with a third-party administrator to process the COBRA related documents to ensure its compliance with federal and CA state standards.
· Answering staff queries regarding payroll and employee handbook policies.
· Assist with agency policies and ensure these are updated in handbook and other documentation.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Oversee workplace investigations, disciplinary actions, and termination procedures.
·Identify areas for improvement within the agency to strengthen processes.
·Actively support the Fun Committee and Safety Committee.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply here.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Are you a passionate HR professional, looking to join a dynamic and dedicated team? Do you have experience with HR compliance and serving as a thought partner to managers and leadership? Do you enjoy maintaining strong employee relations…