Employment & Volunteer Program Worker
- Job posted by Wellways Australia
- An opportunity to apply your leadership skills to support the vision and strategic goals at Wellways
- Access to ongoing support and development opportunities
- Excellent hourly rates and salary packaging benefits available
You've got life experience. You may have spent time working in the community sector. But first and foremost, you have a genuine passion to make a difference.
Sound like you? Then please, read on!
At Wellways we're all about helping people.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Employment and Volunteer Program Worker to join our team in the Youth Residential Rehabilitation (YRR) Program which provides support and care for young people who are experiencing mental health issues and/or functional disability.
The program provides psychosocial support as well as education and access to other external services that can assist participants of the program. You will facilitate and maintain collaborative relations and partnerships with local employers, education & training providers and local community to achieve positive outcomes for people using our services.
What you will need:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Science or similar discipline or relevant experience
- An understanding of recovery
- Experience in working within a residential rehabilitation program and/or vocational services
- Ability to create and develop positive linkages with the community
- Ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- An understanding of and genuine commitment to social inclusion
- Prior experience working within the Mental Health industry or community based organisation is desirable
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4408145.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Brendan Sells Manager, Youth, Family & Community Services on 0455097443
Applications close 29 October 2018 COB
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Minimum Education Required