Finance & Operations CoordinatorABOUT AICGS
The American Institute for Contemporary German Studies (AICGS) in Washington, DC, is the only think tank focused exclusively on the most pressing issues at stake for Germany and the United States. Affiliated with Johns Hopkins University (JHU), the Institute possesses in-depth policy and academic expertise and an extensive network on both sides of the Atlantic. AICGS collaborates with policymakers, corporate leaders, and scholars to deliver in-depth, actionable analysis and fresh ideas that help anticipate trends, manage risk, and shape policy choices.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS COORDINATORFINANCE
OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Enter invoices, transfers, deposits and other financial transactions into QuickBooks and SAP
- Make and record deposits to various bank accounts (electronically and in person)
- Enter gifts to Neon database, Gifts Received (AICGS Internal Excel Document)
- Create budgets for proposals, prepare draft budgets for new projects
- Provide accounting for all grants/projects per grant specifications, and as requested by Institute staff
- Process and submit AmEx statement for timely approval and payment in SAP, to include collecting receipts from all cardholders
- Monitor level of funds in checkbook vs. JHU general ledgers to maintain flush balance with JHU
- Input Accounts Payable/Receivable data into AICGS software to provide an up-to-date and complete picture of where the Institute stands
- Reconcile monthly JHU statements
- Enter deposits to JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook
- Pay bills in QB and run journal entries and balance transactions to JHU statements
- Enter monthly transaction amounts to JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook
- Reconcile JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook and verify JHU statements and this workbook balance each month using downloaded balances from JHU
- Maintain JHU Summary Statement Balance workbook, adding new worksheet tabs each quarter and making sure they balance with QB
- Reconcile QB and Neon donations
- Work regularly with JHU Accounts Payable and other JHU Finance Staff for reconciling expense and reimbursement accounts, troubleshooting
- Prepare reimbursements for visiting fellows
- Maintain up-to-date and transparent filing system
- Train staff in using SAP to complete reimbursement requests
- Attend training courses at JHU in order to work effectively on JHU SAP system, and understand current JHU financial policy
- Maintain records to conform to GAAP procedures
- Assist Development Associate with logistical details of annual Global Leadership Award Dinner (GLAD) to include assisting with cash flow projections, creating and sending invoices to committed donors as prospects are won; updating internal Excel document with status of paid/unpaid donors and regularly updating Director of Finance & Operations and President on same; assist Development Associate with on-site event coordination, menus, decor, entertainment, music, design; coordinate with Director of Finance & Operations and President on post-event donation collection
- Assist in coordinating other AICGS fundraising events and/or programs
- Assist the Development Associate with research on potential individual donors and corporations as required
- Assist Communications Officer and Development Associate in developing strategy for the Giving Tuesday campaign and any other Development Campaigns
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Five years related administrative experience required, with one year experience in a Development office preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Classified Title: Sr. Development Coordinator
Working Title: Finance & Operations Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $19.82 to $27.27 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 9am-5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-DC:District of Columbia
Department name: 10000148-Amer Inst for Cntmpry German Stds
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Important legal information http://hrnt.jhu.edu/legal.cfmTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Washington-Finance-&-Operations-Coordinator-DC-20036/616051500/