Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Temporary Project Assistant (Multiple Positions): Asia-Pacific
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking candidates to work in Washington, D.C. as a full-time project assistant for the Asia-Pacific team covering a range of countries in South, Southeast, and East Asia. The temporary project assistant positions are available beginning in March 2021 for a term appointment lasting three months with the possibility of extension for an additional three months based on performance and/or business need.
- Assist the Asia-Pacific team in organizing and implementing democracy development programs
- Collect and distribute to the regional team foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, or journal clippings pertaining to Asia & Pacific affairs
- Attend meetings and seminars on Asia-Pacific affairs and prepare written presentations to team members
- Assist in providing logistical and administrative support
- Assist with administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying, and reviewing documents, such as leases and contracts, in support of headquarters and field office operations
- Conduct special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with coursework in political science, international development, Asian studies;
- Must have excellent oral and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in Asia
- Experience living and working in the Pacific Islands region preferred but not required
- Available a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team
- Experience managing work prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
- Ability to read, write, and speak an Asian language strongly desired; particularly, Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese), Bahasa Indonesia/Melayu, Burmese, Dhivehi, Khmer, Sinhala or Thai
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, a successful candidate would work from home temporarily until the NDI-DC office reopens. Only candidates residing in California, Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia or Washington, D.C. will be considered for this opportunity.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/xWDL4khaknYPfd2LCxwN6" />